Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    When I checked into triple towing in North Carolina last year, I was told I needed a class A license.
    1998 Triton TR20
    1998 Mercury 200EFI

2. Member
    I've had two truck campers, two class Bs and one Class C. I've towed my boat and fished tournaments out of all of them. My favorite for tournament fishing is a Truck Camper for the reason already mentioned (drop at campsite and use the truck around town). The Class C worked well but it is large and takes up a lot of space in the driveway when not being used. Mine was a 26' model and was the most comfortable for camping. Towing was a breeze and I had no issues at any of the ramps (I carry boots to wade in the water if needed after I secure the bow strap - a technique I still use w/ my class B). Since the wife hated the truck camper and got tired of the class C taking up a lot of space I am now on my 2nd class B.

The couch in the back of the class B van folds down into a king size bed and has wet bath, microwave, sink and fridge. Mine is built on a chevy chassis with 6.0 engine. It easily pulls the boat. The B is better made then the C and it is ideal for fishing tournaments. The towing capacity is key if you plan on towing. Many of them aren't made for towing so make sure you get one that is. Also, I like my wide body class B better then my previous class B since I can more comfortably sleep east west in it.

Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com

3. Member
    This is my setup. Wife and I tow with the RV and our son and great grandson drive the launch vehicle.

RV at Salt Creek_edited 2.jpg
    fastglass1
    2000 Stroker
    2005 250XS
    30+ Performer 3 and 30 Performer 4

4. Member
    I love my Promaster, but if I were towing often, my choice would be the Ford Transit. It would probably be a dual rear-wheel model, definitely with the turbo engine. While lots of vehicles can do it, the Transit will probably do it better and safer than other options. It's also a nice vehicle for converting into a camper van. You can customize it with nice cabinets, buy ram promaster bed https://van2b.com/ram-promaster-beds/ etc. It was my second choice behind the Promaster, and like I said, if I towed often it would be my first.
    Last edited by Strazor; 04-10-2024 at 12:25 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12