Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Battery operated snowblower?

Any progress on this?

2. Member
    With heavy wet snow, I wouldn’t trust a battery one. Might be good for places that barely get any snow like 36” of snow a year type of places, but it seems like every other year we get 36” in one storm. I’ll stick with my Ariens. I’ll be using it tomorrow since we are projected to get 12-15” overnight
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    Sticking with the petro blower for now but always looking for alternatives. I have quite a bit to expedite.

I did a lot of research last year when I replaced my 2 stroke snow blower. I got an ego and I can use the batteries in my blower and trimmer. I just have a standard double wide driveway to use it on
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

5. Member
    Bought an EGO for the long driveway at the lakehouse. Just make sure to charge the batteries in the house as there is a low temp cutoff.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    Bought an EGO for the long driveway at the lakehouse. Just make sure to charge the batteries in the house as there is a low temp cutoff.
    12 inch snowfall equals how many trips?

7. Member
    dewalt has one out 60 volt-- uses 2 12 amp hr 60v batteries
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

I bought an EGO 2 stage snow blower with 2 10ah batteries. Haven't had to use it yet but we're supposed to get snow next week. I would expect the EGO with 2 10ah batteries would do a pretty large driveway.
    You can change the speed of the auger so from everything I've seen on videos wet snow shouldn't be a problem. Up until now have had a Husqvarna single stage that worked very well but didn't like wet snow.

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    dewalt has one out 60 volt-- uses 2 12 amp hr 60v batteries
    It's only a single stage.

10. Member
    I'll stick with this man sized one 1701105867354 (1).png

No thanks

12. Member
    I bought a toro 60v mower and was more than impressed. I’m shopping around for a snow blower. Mower is a beast

Quote Originally Posted by Cstamets View Post
    I bought a toro 60v mower and was more than impressed. I’m shopping around for a snow blower. Mower is a beast
    Toro has a 2 stage electric snowblower. I liked the features of the EGO over the Toro, one being it's lighter and a bit simpler to operate.

14. Member
    I thankfully have no need for any snowblower any more but if i were to buy another today it would be a gas for sure. My old neighbor bought an EGO a couple years back since he owns other EGO equipment that he is really happy with. They have a smaller three car driveway and he ended up selling it and buying an Ariens after the first major storm he tried to use it in. We got hit by a nor-easter with 2’ of heavy wet snow and because the snow was so dense and heavy he was killing the batteries in no time trying to clear the giant snowbank at the end of the driveway, he literally exhausted all 4 batteries it came with and the other batteries he owned in like an hour and didnt get the snowbank cleared never mind the driveway. He ended up needing to borrow my gas blower to finish the job.

15. Member
    What's a snowblower sounds kinky
    Bass Boat