Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1. Member
    My favorites are the Tatula elite 7’2 universal. They have the round bend “regular action” or what other companies call moderate action. But this passed year 2023 my friend kept saying how he loved glass rods. So I tried ohmori 7’ elite glass rod. After using it for 6 months I can say it is very good as well. I will also use the 7’3” multiple purpose rod if I need a little more power for ripping out of grass.

2. Member
    After trying a good number of rods. The best one I found is the 7’2 cashion Chatterbait rod. It’s graphite. I fish it with fluro, great for coming though grass and is sensitive. It’s got perfect amount of tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bass View Post
    I fish 2 rods. Cashion Icon Chatterbait Rod and NRX 853c

Both have been money for me up to 1/2oz. Both are graphite

I purchased a NRX 883C last year and was very disapointed as this rod was designed for chaterbaits
    I stopped by the local outdoor sports store and they have the Cashion Icon Chatterbait rod in stock. Man that is one sweet rod! 7'1" light with lots of backbone. Man. I really liked it.

3/8 and 1/2 oz chatterbaits for the Cashion. You will not be sorry if you get it. I am not sponsored and fortunately I can afford any rod I want and have settled on this one 90% of the time I fish a chatterbait

FYI. Public lands had them on sale for $89.00

5. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    I stopped by the local outdoor sports store and they have the Cashion Icon Chatterbait rod in stock. Man that is one sweet rod! 7'1" light with lots of backbone. Man. I really liked it.
    A brand I’d like to check out.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bass View Post
    3/8 and 1/2 oz chatterbaits for the Cashion. You will not be sorry if you get it. I am not sponsored and fortunately I can afford any rod I want and have settled on this one 90% of the time I fish a chatterbait

FYI. Public lands had them on sale for $89.00
    Well dang. Looks like they are sold out of the chatter bait rod. Thanks for the heads up.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    I throw bladed baits, buzzbaits, and large spinnerbaits on a St. Croix 7’0” MHMF Legend Tournament Sweeper Spinnerbait rod. It’s the best all around rod I’ve ever owned. And perfect for chatterbaits.
    Agreed, I use this same rod with 30lb straight braid.

8. Member
    KLX 7’3” MH

9. Member
    I really prefer the graphite for 2 main reasons, also I use braid to flouro for this technique 1) the feel, it honestly just makes it more fun and fishing in MN so much grass around chatterbait fish ripping it through is essential and 2) the hook sets you don't need as much power so I don't lose many on a hookset at all. It's almost a good sweep, that's it. My favorite rod for this right now is the P5 Dark Sleeper, have also liked the Poison Adrena 7'3 MH. Late this year I started using the P5 BMG for the 1/2 oz jackhammers and really liked it, didn't lose a fish the two times out, but still unproven I guess, not quite as parabolic as the Dark Sleeper. I think there is a lot of preference and what you are confident in with chatterbait rod setups. Good luck!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakesareabassin View Post
    I really prefer the graphite for 2 main reasons, also I use braid to flouro for this technique 1) the feel, it honestly just makes it more fun and fishing in MN so much grass around chatterbait fish ripping it through is essential and 2) the hook sets you don't need as much power so I don't lose many on a hookset at all. It's almost a good sweep, that's it. My favorite rod for this right now is the P5 Dark Sleeper, have also liked the Poison Adrena 7'3 MH. Late this year I started using the P5 BMG for the 1/2 oz jackhammers and really liked it, didn't lose a fish the two times out, but still unproven I guess, not quite as parabolic as the Dark Sleeper. I think there is a lot of preference and what you are confident in with chatterbait rod setups. Good luck!
    Same fishing gear works differently for lots of folks...in today's world the main commonality is the marketing of "tech specific" rods.

95% of my rods are St Croix. Premier, and Legend T series. I picked up a Duckett rod 7'3" MH for spinner baits a few years back. I feel I don't need the sensitivity that I get from the Legend T. Now I have 2 of those Ducketts. 1 for spinner baits, 1 for chatter baits. 20# Suffix braid. Works for me.
    Ranger Z-20, Yamaha F225.

12. Member
    I'm not a fan of glass rods for anything.

For a long time I used a Skeet Reese spinnerbait/worm rod for chatterbaits. Never any hookup problems or lost fish. I tried a few others.

iRod Genesis II Stone Cold Swim/Vibrating Jig rod = works well for heavier chatterbaits (1/2oz head plus trailer and larger). Not so much for the 3/8oz and less.
    NRX+ 883C BJR = definitely NOT for the 1/2oz and larger. In fact, the 3/8oz is almost too powerful Throw a 1/4oz mini max on it and it's amazing.

I just built a rod using a Cashion blank last year, and it's an amazing blank. It feels absolutely amazing for 3/8-1/2oz chatterbaits and spinnerbaits. If I were looking for a production rod, I'd be looking at the Cashion chatterbait rod real hard.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

13. Member
    Which Cashion blank did you build on?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by setsail26 View Post
    Which Cashion blank did you build on?
    iFS904. Cut the butt down 3" to make it 7'3".
    All pulled by a Hemi

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post
    iFS904. Cut the butt down 3" to make it 7'3".
    Awesome, thanks. I've been looking for a chatterbait blank. This might be the one.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by setsail26 View Post
    Awesome, thanks. I've been looking for a chatterbait blank. This might be the one.
    No problem. I didn't build it until the end of the summer, so I only got one day out with it, but it feels great. AmTac G2 grips, longer handle, NRX guide train...you can really feel the blade thump.
    All pulled by a Hemi

17. Member
    I have used Fitzgerald CB rod, Falcon Cara, and a St Croix. Then I got a Lews Custom Lite medium moderate and fell in love! Bought 3 of them. Mounted with Lews 6:8 reels with 17 lb flouro. works for me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12