Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Chick-Fil-A observation

Wife and I ate at Chick-Fil-A last night. Dined inside. about 8pm. Lobby was slow and the double file car line had dwindled. Manager, maybe 25ish, and two even younger workers come around the corner and go to booth. One of the workers was from the kitchen (food prep in back w/ different style uniform) other worker was a normal server type. Manager had a sandwich box. They sat down and Manager said "while we are slow, let's go over this and audit this sandwich I just pulled from the line" She asked both of them to go over the check list. I heard her ask: " Is the box greasy? Is the bun fresh, no cracks? Is the chicken larger then the bun? Does the chicken look evenly breaded? Does it look done? This one has lettuce and tomato, so lift the bun and see that they are present and look acceptable. If any of these are not met, it doesn't go to a customer. "

I'm sure that all of the big name fast food places have similar requirements of training, but I have never witnessed this at them. My last big mac was a leaning tower of slime, with both tiny meat patties on the same side of the center bread.

I think there is a reason why Chick-Fil-A stays busy. It's still fast food, but the workers seem to do a very good job, I never see there pants sagging and underwear showing, the food is fresh and uniform.

Well done Young People and store management.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

2. Member
    I worked at Burger King when I was 18 for a brief stint, yeah, we never did anything even remotely close to this. It was all about wait times and minimizing food waste.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Wife and I ate at Chick-Fil-A last night. Dined inside. about 8pm. Lobby was slow and the double file car line had dwindled. Manager, maybe 25ish, and two even younger workers come around the corner and go to booth. One of the workers was from the kitchen (food prep in back w/ different style uniform) other worker was a normal server type. Manager had a sandwich box. They sat down and Manager said "while we are slow, let's go over this and audit this sandwich I just pulled from the line" She asked both of them to go over the check list. I heard her ask: " Is the box greasy? Is the bun fresh, no cracks? Is the chicken larger then the bun? Does the chicken look evenly breaded? Does it look done? This one has lettuce and tomato, so lift the bun and see that they are present and look acceptable. If any of these are not met, it doesn't go to a customer. "

I'm sure that all of the big name fast food places have similar requirements of training, but I have never witnessed this at them. My last big mac was a leaning tower of slime, with both tiny meat patties on the same side of the center bread.

I think there is a reason why Chick-Fil-A stays busy. It's still fast food, but the workers seem to do a very good job, I never see there pants sagging and underwear showing, the food is fresh and uniform.

Nicely done BigFish.!! Nice review for sure.!

4. Member
    Next time try the chocolate chip cookie at Chick-Fli- A. they are the closest to my wife’s I have had.

5. Member
    Not a CFA fan but am a fan of quality control. Excellent!
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

6. Member
    They do run a tight ship and are highly efficient as far as passing customers through there, impressive!

7. Member
    When you say Last Big Mac, was it truly your last one , or your last one until your next one. I had my last one about 25 yrs. ago.

8. Member
    I have seen similar at In & Out Burger, but they are CA only I believe.

9. Member
    That is obviously not done at the McD,BK or Wendy’s or popeyes near me. Chik fil a is definitely on a higher level of fast food

Quote Originally Posted by bcreek View Post
    When you say Last Big Mac, was it truly your last one , or your last one until your next one. I had my last one about 25 yrs. ago.
    Since you mention Big Mac I hadn't had one in yrs and a couple months ago stopped and got one either my hands have gotten huge or the Big Mac isn't very big anymore.
    2010 Ranger 188vx
    175 Mercury Optimax

11. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post

they know how to treat customers and food is good. Wife and I always comment on their service. They just don’t hire anybody either
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

12. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    I like the food but I don't go out of my way to eat there and when I do go in, I always appreciate not getting any attitude when ordering.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bcreek View Post
    Never cared for the Big Mac. Don’t care for that sauce. Now a quarter pounder without cheese ain’t bad at all.

We have robots that deliver to your table at our CFA.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsch View Post

We have a ton of In and Out burgers here.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    they know how to treat customers and food is good. Wife and I always comment on their service. They just don’t hire anybody either
    This is the key part imo, go to any other fast food joint around here and it’s obvious what the problem is with them. I think the Chic-fil-a food is overrated, but they got the service part figured out.

17. Member
    Heard a manager jump a teenage worker one time for gum in their mouth.

18. Member
    they know how to treat customers
    Unless you're traveling on a Sunday!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsch View Post
    In & Out gets my business over CFA if I need to get food on the run which is not often. In N Out just recently opened up a location in Idaho. The lines for food were as imagined..

20. Member
    This is very much correct. I have a friend of a friend that owns two chick-fil-a's. I see him few times a year and he is very open about how stores are run. You better have worth while activities and achievements on your resume to even get an interview. The requirements to get a franchise is even tougher. You must be active with the Christian church and community.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast