Pheasant Hunting Video

Hey guys, here is another pheasant hunting video on my page. Really proud of this video, and the dogs. Not so much the shooting

2. Member
    Nice video. Thanks.

3. Member
    Cool video. I've heard that Iowa has a bunch of birds this year.

4. Member
    Sure is some flat country out there.

5. Member
    Great fun! Looks like some great land and the dogs are awesome

6. Member
    The dogs are my favorite part. And yes, the land is very flat hahaha. This is more hilly than my standard areas believe it or not. Iowa does have a bunch of birds, but my area of the state has a BUNCH of pressure so it gets tougher and tougher as the season moves on. Hard to get on private ground as well. I have knocked on probably 15 doors this year and gotten 2 yes's. 1 of those yes's was a 1 time deal for my puppy haha. The other one is a quarter acre of cattails that can be ok.

7. Member
    Thanks for the thread move. Sorry I didn't put it in there right away, I tend to forget there are forums other than the lounge, general bassboat topics, outboard specific, and boat specific.

Great video! I hunted public just a bit south of you this year. Fantastic numbers of birds, even on public. Great experience for my lab. I went 1/1 knocking on doors... small patch but great numbers of birds. Looking forward to getting up there next year.
    Last edited by J D; 01-10-2024 at 05:47 AM.
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J D View Post
    Great video! I hunted public just a bit south of you this year. Fantastic numbers of birds, even on public. Great experience for my lab. I went 1/1 knocking on doors... small patch but great numbers of birds. Looking forward to getting but up next year.
    Thank you! I feel very fortunate to live where I live and be able to have success Bass Fishing, Duck Hunting, and Pheasant Hunting while working at a fishing company, and it is all within 10 miles of my front door.

10. Member
    Hey guys, here is the finale hunt for the 2023-2024 season.

11. Member
    Awesome video! Rough shooting

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    Awesome video! Rough shooting
    Yea... IDK what happened this season. I have always been a pretty solid shot on pheasant, and rougher on duck. This year it was the opposite. I have never actually shot my gun at anything but a live bird though. Already contacted the local clay shooting guys and will be attending their open nights this summer to prepare and not let this happen again.

13. Member
    What does GoPro highlight mean?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayburn Guide View Post
    What does GoPro highlight mean?
    It flags a moment in my video so that while I am editing hours of footage, I know that something happened at that moment, and I need to take a look. It helps me not miss action, but my wife did say that I need to use it more sparingly, and cut it out of the video.

15. Member
    Nice, I miss upland for pheasants. Grew up in farm country before all the hedgerows and fences were torn down and farmers started maximizing their fields by planting the entire thing. Never had dogs, and we would limit out in 30 - 60 minutes typically, drop a blocker off at the other end of the fence/hedge then harvest.

16. Member
    That looked awesome!!
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djb750 View Post
    That looked awesome!!
    Thanks! Ton of fun with those 2 crazy dogs.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    Nice, I miss upland for pheasants. Grew up in farm country before all the hedgerows and fences were torn down and farmers started maximizing their fields by planting the entire thing. Never had dogs, and we would limit out in 30 - 60 minutes typically, drop a blocker off at the other end of the fence/hedge then harvest.
    Habitat is the #1 driver for wildlife populations IMO, and from my research. It is too bad to see so much of it going away.