Spring trip - need suggestions

Live in Bella Vista. Looking to book a cabin rental this spring (late April/early May) to fish a new lake. Don't want to repeat what I got in my backyard, which is a clear deep water reservoir (Beaver Lake). What lake in Arkansas, thinking southern Arkansas, that is good for topwater bass fishing? Has shorelines with vegetation and lillypads to target instead of chunk rock? A smaller lake is better than larger.

Cane Creek Lake, White Oak Lake, the Dumas area on the Arkansas River come to mind real quick. All those bodies should more or less have what you’re looking for.

3. Member
    Millwood. You could rent one of the cabins at Yarborough landing. That would be my pick by your description.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breeves2245 View Post
    Has shorelines with vegetation and lillypads to target instead of chunk rock? A smaller lake is better than larger.
    LOL. I hear you as I am in the same boat, Beaver can get a little old fishing rock, rock and more rock. I am headed to Dardenelle mid April as it is close to home, but Millwood is high on the list.

Another option may be Chicot but it is a long drive for you. The upper end of the lake, north of Connelly Bayou, has some pads and the south end has a lot of reeds. In between, there are lots of Cyprus trees on the shallow side and docks on the channel side.
    One of my friends in Tennessee came over for a multi day trip and we stayed in Dumas which is an hour from Chicot. We fished the Arkansas River river backwater near Dumas a couple days (lots of pads and grass here) and a couple days on Chicot. Made for a great time.

BTW: We also spent a morning on Morgan’s Point which is an oxbow near Dam1 at Dumas. Gotta be careful, full of stumps but can be fun too. That afternoon, we went up river and fished wing dams in current. Lots of variety here
    Last edited by Bill Reynolds; 01-06-2024 at 09:48 AM.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

If you are not opposed to sliding a bit into Oklahoma, Broken Bow or Sardis can be dynamite as well. Also the opportunity to trout fish below the dam at Broken Bow.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

7. Member
    Thanks for the suggestions. I hit a quick YouTube on Millwood. That's what I got in mind! Heading out next week to Fairhope in south Alabama to escape a month of NW Arkansas cold. Route takes me right by Dumas/Chicot area. I'll nose around there some too.