Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Skeeter updates Real Money contingency program

2. Member
    so it looks like they're adding a level that you don't have to have a 2 year or newer boat? i'm not swappin boats every 2 years to have a chance at RealMoney

3. Member
    I guess the economy is turning a bit on the boating industry.

Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    I guess the economy is turning a bit on the boating industry.

This change is something that's been asked for long before now.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    This change is something that's been asked for long before now.

I was thinking that people weren’t willing to buy a new boat every 2 years anymore. Take those people out and there aren’t many eligible participants left.

6. Member
    Skeeter boats have gone up $20,000 in the last two and a half years. Spending $100,000 plus tax and add ons to win a few hundred dollars every 2 years, just doesn't make any sense. Skeeter caters to just a small percentage of buyers. But wait, rebates are back to off set price increases.

There are 3 different tiers of the program. There is a tier for boats older than 2 years.

I see the terms and conditions but no rules I guess you don’t get to read the rules until you get your registration packet?

For the Limited Level it say a sanctioned event with as little as 30 boats
    Would any of the events on that list ever have as little as 30 boats?

Back when I won a few of these they allowed local events to register as a sanctioned event
    "The handicapped angler"

9. Member
    I feel like that use to be a thing a while ago. I could have swore I did real money and my boat was ~5 years old at the time. Good to see it come back!

I must have missed it or maybe I don’t see it, what’s the level that allows older than 2 year boats? All three tiers say two year old or newer

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach201xl View Post
    I must have missed it or maybe I don’t see it, what’s the level that allows older than 2 year boats? All three tiers say two year old or newer
    It is not very clear plus I dont see any rules.

12. Member
    Im with ya; from what I just read all 3 levels require a boat that is no more than 2 years old. Am I missing something???

13. Member
    I wonder if the new for 2024 "Limited Level" allows for a slightly older than 2 year old boat.? The main page does not identify an age requirement, while the other levels clearly say a 2 year old or newer boat..?? I am not having much luck researching rules to determine this

14. Member
    I just registered so if I find any additional rules or information out I will update. It was only $100 for the Max level which covers all three so .....

Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    It is not very clear plus I dont see any rules.
    Me neither. I'm more confused now. I was in the Real Money Program for two years but mine has now lapsed, and I can't find any literature in their contingency program that shows mine will be eligible again?
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

16. Member
    Does anybody have an idea of what it takes for a certain tournament circuit to fall into any one of the levels? Does the circuit have to pay anything to Skeeter? Thanks

17. Member
    It's my understanding clubs or tournament directors do NOT have to pay anything. Last year the small 50 boat club I fish in completed a form and mailed it to Skeeter.. It seemed fairly simple .. That was my experience last year

18. Member
    just as a clarification, they have changed all levels to 2 year or newer boat now from my understanding. I entered the limited level on January 4th when it DID NOT state 2 year or newer on limited level, and i won a tournament with 42 boats in it; i guess we shall see because i'm sending all of my documentation in now

19. Member
    Time for a new Apex!

Sorry but this would not influence me to buy a new boat

Thing is if they opened this up to say 10 or 15 year old boats they would get a ton of memberships and I bet they could turn this into a profitable venture

Require members to post on FakeBook X and or instacrap with you holding the fish at the weighin wearing the hat/gear and plugging skeeter
    "The handicapped angler"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast