Yankee Troller

My new Humminbird helm

I know you guys are mostly Bass guys, and at one point in my life I did the Bass boat thing, but I've settled into chartering on Lake Ontario for Salmon and Trout. I've done it since I was 5yrs old. Picked up a new to me boat this Fall, after 13yrs with my last one, and I'm having fun rigging this one. At the helm there is a 12/10/12 SOLIX to run all the different sonars as well as radar. There will be two 10" SOLIX on the transom since that's where I spend most of my day while trolling. I'm no professional installer, and I've had some help, but I'm excited to get this thing in the water sometime in March!

PXL_20231207_162955365.jpgPXL_20231210_194141841.jpgPXL_20231217_162121661.jpg
    Captain Richard Hajecki

Humminbird: (2) SOLIX 12 G3, (3) SOLIX 10 G3, CHIRP Radar, MEGA Live, Lakemaster VX, (2) Eth 5PGL, GPS HS

2. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Sweet setup!
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    That's an awesome setup! I also don't Bass fish... Unless you consider Stripers Bass. I love trolling with my Humminbird electronics... listed in my signature. I have just as much fun with the challenge of finding the schools of Stripers with my electronics as I do catching them... well, almost as much fun.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

One heck of a setup

Very nice setup...

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

6. Member
    Wowzers! That is sweet!

7. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I noticed your Fish Hawk at the helm as well. What downriggers are you running? I love my Cannon Optimum Bluetooth downriggers. The Solix/Apex sidebar control for them works great. I can control them from the helm just like I can from the downrigger itself. I especially like to Auto-Up the downrigger from the helm when people fishing with me forget to do it before they start reeling in a fish.
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

8. Yankee Troller
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    I noticed your Fish Hawk at the helm as well. What downriggers are you running? I love my Cannon Optimum Bluetooth downriggers. The Solix/Apex sidebar control for them works great. I can control them from the helm just like I can from the downrigger itself. I especially like to Auto-Up the downrigger from the helm when people fishing with me forget to do it before they start reeling in a fish.
    I have 3 Optimum Downriggers on the transom. Everything networked with the One Boat Network. However, the only time we use the functionality through the SOLIX is to mess with people. I spend my day on the back deck, and I'm constantly adjusting my spread. Hence why the jig and bottom track function never get used on my downriggers. Having the Fish Hawk data on each downrigger as well as depth of water I'm over is nice for many reasons.
    Captain Richard Hajecki

Humminbird: (2) SOLIX 12 G3, (3) SOLIX 10 G3, CHIRP Radar, MEGA Live, Lakemaster VX, (2) Eth 5PGL, GPS HS

9. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger14624 View Post
    I have 3 Optimum Downriggers on the transom. Everything networked with the One Boat Network. However, the only time we use the functionality through the SOLIX is to mess with people. I spend my day on the back deck, and I'm constantly adjusting my spread. Hence why the jig and bottom track function never get used on my downriggers. Having the Fish Hawk data on each downrigger as well as depth of water I'm over is nice for many reasons.
    Yeah, bottom tracking definitely doesn't work in my lake either. The depths can change by 50 to 100 feet in an instant. Also, there are many trees left standing which come to within 40 ft of the surface at summer pool. I have experimented with the cycle mode to incite fish to hit when they seem reluctant. School is still out on whether that helps or not. I have zero current in my home lake so I haven't seen a big reason to add the Fish Hawk.