Shimano Poison Adrena - Fast vs Regular Fast

Looking at the Poison Adrena lineup...

Threre's....

7'2 Heavy "Fast"
    7'3 Medium Heavy "Regular Fast"
    7'2 Medium Heavy "Regular Fast"

What's the difference? Is "regular" more moderate.. so the order would be ...

Regular
    Regular Fast
    Fast

???

I'm trying to find two rods (H and MH) that would be fastest for t-rigged stuff.
    2023 Puma STS

2. Member
    I'm not aware of a current 7'2" MH graphite version.
    There is a 7'2" MH glass version and a 7'2" M graphite version.
    The glass version, is probably out of the picture for any T-rig stuff. Its suppose to be a nice parabolic rod for chatterbaits and spinnerbaits.
    I haven't fished the 7'2" M so I'm not sure how fast it actually is.
    That's said, I've fished the 7'2" H and 7'3" MH. Both would be good T-rig rods. The 7'2" H is my current jig rod. I use to own the 7'3" MH and did use it for T-rigs with no problems. Both are fairly light rods and pretty sensitive.

3. Member
    Unfortunately Shimano's website is so awful it doesn't show whether the models are glass or graphite.

I assume the "G" in the sku means it's glass.
    2023 Puma STS

4. Member
    Yes. G models are glass

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
    Looking at the Poison Adrena lineup...

Threre's....

7'2 Heavy "Fast"
    7'3 Medium Heavy "Regular Fast"
    7'2 Medium Heavy "Regular Fast"

What's the difference? Is "regular" more moderate.. so the order would be ...

Regular
    Regular Fast
    Fast

???

I'm trying to find two rods (H and MH) that would be fastest for t-rigged stuff.
    I have 3.5 PA's, because I just snapped my 7'3MH on a boat cleat, totally my fault. Reg/fast is definitely softer in their speak. The 6'11M+ and the 7'2H are labeled fast and are my choice for jig and worm. I throw a Hags F8 w/ a 3/16 bullet on the 6'11M+. Just love the way the tip can control a worm in heavy cover and the sensitivity of feeling what's going on. There's enough backbone for me to get them hooked and out of there, even though I'm up North where 6lbs is rare. But my PB was a 25.25" Texas bass in Feb caught on a flashy swimmer between a dock and a brush pile, and the M+ was able to lean on her and get her to the boat. It's also an interesting bigger jerk bait rod, Nishine 115, 130mm rerange, etc. The 7'2H feels like a slightly bigger brother, but the stiffer tip suffers a bit. Lives as a 1/2oz chatterbait, swim jig, and 3/8oz grass jig rod. The tapers are interesting though, almost feels like a crisp/soft/backbone progression. Unique to me and I'm a fan.