Thread: H18DB vs H16DB

Question H18DB vs H16DB

Hey everyone,

I finally narrowed it down to the H DB series with the hyper lift hull. Looking at the 18 and 16 footer. Anyone have experience with the 18 footer? I would throw a 70hp on it. I read some posts saying that 70hp doesn’t get it up as quickly. If that’s the case I may just go with the 16’ with a 50HP.

Thanks for the help!

I've been looking at them as well. I'm thinking I'll likely go with a 16' since I have a two year old 40 hp Merc. Provided they'll sell it to me without a motor.

I found this 18' on FB, you might contact the seller https://www.facebook.com/groups/2252...8591926049181/

Well dang it, I can't figure out how to link just his ad but it's only the second or so post down

3. Member
    I have the 16ft Hyperlift with a 50 Mercury 4 stroke, my lower unit is the big lower. I run a 16 pitch Mercury Vengence prop. 6inch Jackplate, bobs wedges for more trim. I crappie fish and with a full load I get 35mph, unloaded I'm sure it will hit 40. The hull really needs a 70hp or better to get it on pad like it needs to run. If you went with the small lower unit that would help also. I have had mine 9 yrs and the only complaint is the compartments get damp in a rain while fishing. Great little fishing boat.