Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Soft Plastics Storage

I have quite a bit of soft plastics. I'll be honest, I like throwing them and catch a lot of fish on them. Right now, I have a large Plano box that fits the packages just right. I have pretty much pushed it to its limit. It also doesn't store well. I also have a soft zip up bag thing from Bass Pro. It seems to work, I just cut off the label of the pack to identify what it is. That wrap is loaded. Like others, I keep a quantity what I like and works for me. I have a new 521 coming and I am looking for insight of how others are storing theirs? I am hoping to also keep things neat in the boat.

2. Member
    I've found that a good old freezer Ziploc works perfectly well, put the bags the baits come in the Ziploc and write on the label what type of baits, IE worms, finesse, tubes, lizard, trailers, etc...

It also helps to keep me from having too many soft baits in the boat, limit myself to one bag for each style of bait.

3. Member
    I really like the 6th sense zippered bags. I use those bags for the majority of my plastics. They come in 2 different sizes and I prefer the larger size. I previously kept my plastics in zip lock bags and I prefer the 6th sense bags.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave75 View Post
    I really like the 6th sense zippered bags. I use those bags for the majority of my plastics. They come in 2 different sizes and I prefer the larger size. I previously kept my plastics in zip lock bags and I prefer the 6th sense bags.
    That’s what I do now. For a while I kept stuff in planos out of original packaging. While it’s a whole lot more space efficient, I like being able to throw a bait package in my back pocket so I don’t have to open a compartment and open a Plano to get another plastic.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

5. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    Freezer 1 gallon ziplock is most simple

6. Member
    You all got me thinking about switching these zippered bags..... how many bags of plastics does the large ones hold, roughly?
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic 125/100 lithium batteries

7. Member
    Over the years I’ve had the zipper bag systems, ziploc bag system, Plano box storage (direct in trays), manufacturer bags inside of deep 3700s and what I’ve finally settled on is semi hard cases such as this one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087BTXK3J...language=en-US

These store anything from small Ned baits to large worms in bags or clamshells. Not the cheapest storage but keeps them out of the elements and helps retain shape.

8. Member
    I use these as well, really good bags for the price in my opinion.

9. Member
    I use the double-deep, 3500 Plano boxes. They fit the original packages perfectly. I use one each for craws, worms and creatures, and Senkos.

Gallon zip lockk bag, by type of bait. Orange duct tape strip and black magic marker to label contents.

11. Member
    I use a plastic shoe box and keep the soft plastics in their original packing and sort them according to type of bait

https://www.amazon.com/Sterilite-164...30&sr=8-7&th=1
    Bass Boat
    Powered by an outboard
    Electronics at helm and up front
    Pulled by my truck

I use a mix - I keep often used/go to's in plano waterproof 3700's - have two of them with creatures/beavers/fightingfrogs/etc in center locker. Then I have a Bass Mafia Briefcase with other baits I might also use, ie senkos, speed worms, horny toads, trailers, etc in their own bags also up front. Everything else including duplicates of things goes into two more BM briefcases in rear passenger side locker, trying to keep weight in the back of the boat.

I've tried various bags - ziplock, Bass Mafai, 6th Sense, Missle Baits - as well as "binders" - they all work about the same but just don't care for them - digging through them is a hassle, and they bugle so don't store well imo. Loose baits in 3700's really works well for me for quick/often used items, and "stacking" them in BM briefcaes (Actually, the Crappie Mafia version as it has dividers) keeps the oem bags organized and easy to look through, etc. Plus they are bascially deep 3700 size so store well in the boat too.

PSA - they are on clearance at TW - good time to pick one or two up... I just bought two extra ones to have as spares.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Bass...page-CMBB.html

Last edited by 78Staff; 12-30-2023 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Mo View Post
    I use the double-deep, 3500 Plano boxes. They fit the original packages perfectly. I use one each for craws, worms and creatures, and Senkos.
    Have a link to these, i can't find 3500 deep boxes at the usual sites?

I put them by type in the clear plastic zipper type bags. One of the best things I ever did was stop carrying so much stuff. I don't need 341 bags of plastics in an 8hr day.

15. Member
    Yesterday while at the Redcrest Expo, I came across a company from Wisconsin. It is called Lakewood. They have soft side net type bags of all sizes. They make soft plastic bags. I bought three, thinking I might need four. When I got home, I emptied the Plano box that was full and had stuff stacked on top. I didn't quite fill two. They seem to be a great product. They will be at the Classic show. I was pre-planning in case I did need a fourth.

16. Member
    I bought some zippered bags on amazon. bags are good quality but zippers have failed over time. I label them by type and throw them in the box. the zippers that have failed I just sort of roll those up

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    I use a mix - I keep often used/go to's in plano waterproof 3700's - have two of them with creatures/beavers/fightingfrogs/etc in center locker. Then I have a Bass Mafia Briefcase with other baits I might also use, ie senkos, speed worms, horny toads, trailers, etc in their own bags also up front. Everything else including duplicates of things goes into two more BM briefcases in rear passenger side locker, trying to keep weight in the back of the boat.

I've tried various bags - ziplock, Bass Mafai, 6th Sense, Missle Baits - as well as "binders" - they all work about the same but just don't care for them - digging through them is a hassle, and they bugle so don't store well imo. Loose baits in 3700's really works well for me for quick/often used items, and "stacking" them in BM briefcaes (Actually, the Crappie Mafia version as it has dividers) keeps the oem bags organized and easy to look through, etc. Plus they are bascially deep 3700 size so store well in the boat too.

PSA - they are on clearance at TW - good time to pick one or two up... I just bought two extra ones to have as spares.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Bass...page-CMBB.html

Can you share any pics of how you have it with your baits inside. Seems 7" x 4.25" per 1 out of the 4 spaces might be a tad bit small.
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    I've found that a good old freezer Ziploc works perfectly well, put the bags the baits come in the Ziploc and write on the label what type of baits, IE worms, finesse, tubes, lizard, trailers, etc...

It also helps to keep me from having too many soft baits in the boat, limit myself to one bag for each style of bait.
    That's how mine are stored. Simple and cheap

19. Member
    Plastic shoe boxes from HD or Amazon. I keep one in the boat with whatever I think I need that day with plastics and use the plano boxes for cranks.. My Go To plastics baits go in a gallon bag for ease of use. I set it under the console. The 3700 I use for hooks sinkers and jigheads.
    Last edited by mattmann7; 03-19-2024 at 09:35 AM.

20. Member
    I have two storage systems. In the garage I have a 20 gallon storage tote that is my master storage. Baits are kept in original packaging, and then in plastic grocery sacks sorted by type (finesse worms, craws, creatures, etc.). In the boat, I use the gallon Ziploc bag like several have mentioned above, also sorted by type. Before each trip I re-pack based on what I expect to need. Those all go in the box opposite the rod locker.

I also keep a small cardboard box in there that holds my scent/dye dips and usually the four to six bags of plastics I plan to use most often that day. Most days, I never have to get beyond what's in that box anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast