Any love for Maven scopes?

Looking at the Maven RS.1.2 and wondering if anyone has any firsthand experience with the brand. Reviews are generally pretty good esp, regarding the quality of the glass. At 26.5 oz it's not what you call lightweight but not as heavy as some. A couple of negative reviews mentioned "tunneling". I'm not sure what that means. Is it an issue with narrow range of eye relief? Parallex?
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

2. Member
    I have not used, but the rs 1.2 2.5-15x44 is getting good initial reviews both for the reticle and for reliability under impact testing. Mavens previous scopes have not fared so well in this dept (nor have many of the big names, either).

Tunneling happens when the magnification keeps going lower or higher, but the field of view has already been maxed-out. If your scope spends most of its life on low power you want to avoid low-power tunneling or at least choose based on field of view rather than magnification. Of the several independent reviews Ive read, none have mentioned this scope tunneling—if it did Im quite certain it would have been mentioned.
    Last edited by MacIntosh; 12-29-2023 at 09:29 AM.

They come up for discussion pretty regularly on Texas Hunting Forum. The guys that have used the binoculars and rifle scopes really like them. I’d really like to look at one in person. Have a couple of builds on the horizon that will need decent scopes. If you end up buying one, would appreciate a review.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    At 26.5 oz it's not what you call lightweight

Anything over 16-18 ounces and I am out.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacIntosh View Post
    I have not used, but the rs 1.2 2.5-15x44 is getting good initial reviews both for the reticle and for reliability under impact testing. Mavens previous scopes have not fared so well in this dept (nor have many of the big names, either).

Tunneling happens at low magnification, its when the magnification keeps going lower but the field of view has already been maxed-out. If your scope spends most of its life on low power you want to avoid it or at least choose based on field of view rather than low magnification. Of the several independent reviews Ive read, none have mentioned this scope tunneling—if it did Im quite certain it would have been mentioned.
    Thanks for the info and explanation
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Anything over 16-18 ounces and I am out.
    I'm with you on that for the most part (esp. on my mtn rifle) but this one will see primary duty as a coyote gun and might get a bipod or shooting stix. Haven't got my hands on the rifle yet so I might be putting the cart before the horse

I have a paid of the C1 Binos which are their lowest end, and they are really impressive.
    I know its not a scope but, their quality is top notch.