Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sleep noise recommendations

I know there’s apps and stand alone devices I’ve seen advertised. Any experienced users with recommendations? Need something to keep my mind from thinking (work, next project, house chores, fishing, work schedule, etc..). Or any other recommendations?
    TIA
    Rad Brewer

2. Member
    Soothing sleep sound app comes in handy for me when I’m out of town. We sleep with a while nose machine at home.

3. Member
    We have slept with a fan blowing for noise forever. Been through several of them. Even have a travel fan.

4. Member
    I have a small combination heater/fan I keep by the side of the bed with the fan on. I don't use the heater and it's not blowing on me.

5. Member
    We sleep with a stand alone noise machine that we take with us everywhere we go - otherwise, no sleep. It plays a variety of sounds, but we keep it on “box fan” each night. Got it on Amazon - very inexpensive. Way less than the alcoholism I was developing in order to sleep.

-b-

6. Member
    Noisy fan works for me.

7. Member
    We sleep at home and on the road with a stand alone device set on White Noise. Works really well. On trips we even carry a spare.

Tim Rodiek

8. Member
    Hi Tim,
    Thank you, nice hearing from you, hope to see you in spring on chain!
    Thank you all. We do the fan thing but it’s not working well for me. Will try these.

Quote Originally Posted by TR2129 View Post
    We sleep at home and on the road with a stand alone device set on White Noise. Works really well. On trips we even carry a spare.

Tim Rodiek
    Rad Brewer

9. Member
    I use my Echo Dot. Just say "Alexa...play the rain sound" and it will play all day or night long.

10. Member
    My wife has this covered. She used a fan turned up to HURRICANE!
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

Quote Originally Posted by rednecktech View Post
    We have slept with a fan blowing for noise forever. Been through several of them. Even have a travel fan.
    Me too..

12. Member
    I just tell Alexa play white noise.

When my granddaughters were little, we had a noise machine at the house to help them sleep. Now, my wife uses it to drowned out my snoring. We have it set on the babbling brook sound.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

14. Member
    I have my own built in sleep noise…tinnitus-white noise all the time.

15. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    A long time ago, I figured out if I planned things for the next day, it helped me turn off my brain and get to sleep. Two minutes and a notepad. Maybe a couple of thoughts about a problem I was having at work or a task I needed to get done early. Ideas to check on or checklist items for a home project. Prioritized list of chores.

Seems like gathering my thoughts and doing some tentative planning for the next day helped my brain shut down for the night.

YMMV
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

16. Member
    I just stay up, and busy… until I get sleepy. I did notice I fall asleep fairly quickly when I start saying prayers (not sure if that’s good or bad - I’m the guy that falls asleep in church).

We have whole house air, but I have used a window air conditioner in the bedroom. Works great

18. Member
    A bout of COVID unfortunately left my wife with tinnitus in both ears, which made it difficult for her to fall and stay asleep. We bought a HoMedics White Noise machine from Amazon. It has not only helped her fall asleep and stay asleep but I found that it helps me stay asleep as well. It has 3 different sound choices and a variable volume. Highly recommend.

19. Member
    Pandora Metallica
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX
    Mercury 250 4 Stroke

20. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    I'm going dead opposite of what's recommended. I want dead silence, plus a dark room. I don't want anything to stimulate my brain. I turn off everything, close the door, close the mini blinds and pull the curtains.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast