Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Broncos bench Russell Wilson

Must be moving off of RW after this season. Sean Payton obviously didn't like what Russ was cooking!

His best days seem to be behind him. Also I think that Carroll helped RW be his best. Now that RW has moved on he's struggling.

Looks like the Devito phenomenon has about run its course with the Giants as he is getting benched too. Same with Howell in Washington.

I wonder if Kirko goes to greener pastures if Wilson might end up in Minny. Given this franchises history with QB's on the back side of their careers it wouldn't surprise me. I think Wilson would be a stand up mentor if we choose to go with a QB in the 1st round this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by BassPundit View Post
    I wonder if Kirko goes to greener pastures if Wilson might end up in Minny. Given this franchises history with QB's on the back side of their careers it wouldn't surprise me. I think Wilson would be a stand up mentor if we choose to go with a QB in the 1st round this spring.

I think there is fire to the smoke that Wilson is not as incredibly well liked by teammates as he puts on. Some former teammates have blasted him as being fake. Guys that don't usually speak out. Remember t9o that Payton took away RWs private office and barred his entourage from the facility after he became HC.

5. Member
    RW always is class act although begs the question............what happened? Is Pete Carrol and his offensive scheme THAT conducive to RW's success? He throws the best deep ball and is great on broken plays and you can't script those. Hope he lands on his feet.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    RW always is class act although begs the question............what happened? Is Pete Carrol and his offensive scheme THAT conducive to RW's success? He throws the best deep ball and is great on broken plays and you can't script those. Hope he lands on his feet.
    Class act publicly, but not beloved by teammates. Bringing his own entourage and private qb coach into broncos facilities was a huge red flag, and he’d been a headache for a while in Seattle. Russ was convinced that Pete was holding him back in Seattle, in reality Pete runs very qb friendly systems that don’t lead to big stats but usually result in a winning record.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Class act publicly, but not beloved by teammates. Bringing his own entourage and private qb coach into broncos facilities was a huge red flag, and he’d been a headache for a while in Seattle. Russ was convinced that Pete was holding him back in Seattle, in reality Pete runs very qb friendly systems that don’t lead to big stats but usually result in a winning record.
    This. Russ teammates didn’t like him. In the public eye he was good, but definitely not behind the scenes. He’s an average qb at best now.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    This. Russ teammates didn’t like him. In the public eye he was good, but definitely not behind the scenes. He’s an average qb at best now.
    Even when he was at Seattle I don’t think he was a great qb. The coach and supporting teammates made him look good.
    John the Garage Doorman

May be time for RW to hit the WT (wagon trail)
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

10. Member
    His linemen left him lying after he took a sack where he had like 5 seconds in a perfect pocket. Teamates are tired of both him and his play.

11. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    His Denver contract had his requirements of a private office, private parking spots, and no one could just talk to him they had to go thru his manager.....heck of a guy and teammate....
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    His Denver contract had his requirements of a private office, private parking spots, and no one could just talk to him they had to go thru his manager.....heck of a guy and teammate....

If I were Sean Peyton busting him down to reality would have been the first move I made.

Broncos country. LETS RIDE!!!!

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    290ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Miller tech/Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    Broncos country. LETS RIDE!!!!
    Reporter was like Oh NO!

15. Member

16. Member
    He makes to much money for what he can do , if he gets injured from here on this season they can't trade him in the off season, they want to dump him.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

17. Member
    Denver way over paid for RW. Payton is going to fix that mistake it appears...
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

18. Member
    His net worth is 165 million, I’m pretty sure he’ll land on his feet.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    If I were Sean Peyton busting him down to reality would have been the first move I made.
    That is the first move Peyton made and he was very public about it.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    Even when he was at Seattle I don’t think he was a great qb. The coach and supporting teammates made him look good.
    While I don't think he was ever an elite top 5ish QB, I still think he had some very good years in Seattle and definitely was great for a stretch. Problem was his legs / athleticism started to go a little bit and he became a very average QB, add that to his personality and salary and he made it tough for teams to win with him. I think if he ended up on another team he could still have some good years, I mean he played pretty solid this year. This could be a huge wakeup call for him and the way he perceives himself, hopefully he takes it the right way.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast