Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Steak bites, chicken thighs and wings.

2. Member
    I use mine several times a week. I even use it for precooking vegtables for making stir fry.

3. Member
    mine is heating up right now.
    ________
    $8

4. Member
    I just read there is a recall of over 300,000 Power XL air fryer's. I thought of this thread and this is just for the info.

Chicken breast. Beat an egg and coat them in them in it. 30% corn starch 70% flour in a gallon baggie. Put Onion, Garlic powder, Paprika and whatever else you want in there. Do a shake and put them in the basket and toast them up. The sauce is Honey, butter and a good light colored pepper sauce with some kick. Go with the most heat you can handle. Potatoes, green beans and maybe cast iron cornbread and you're done.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammmerhead View Post
    Chicken breast. Beat an egg and coat them in them in it. 30% corn starch 70% flour in a gallon baggie. Put Onion, Garlic powder, Paprika and whatever else you want in there. Do a shake and put them in the basket and toast them up. The sauce is Honey, butter and a good light colored pepper sauce with some kick. Go with the most heat you can handle. Potatoes, green beans and maybe cast iron cornbread and you're done.
    I'm salivating.
    Allison XB-21 ProSport
    Yamaha 250 SHO
    Croxton Razor 4XL

I sprinkle the wings with cornstarch. Makes them more crispy.

I've read several comment about cooking salmon steak in the air fryer. I've done it several times but I use the toaster oven setting. For those doing it in the air fryer mode do you use the basket with a drip tray...what's your air fryer method.

9. Member
    We air fry most foods we used to fry except fish I haven't tried this yet but I plan to in the near future.
    Bass Boat
    Powered by an outboard
    Electronics at helm and up front
    Pulled by my truck

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I've read several comment about cooking salmon steak in the air fryer. I've done it several times but I use the toaster oven setting. For those doing it in the air fryer mode do you use the basket with a drip tray...what's your air fryer method.
    I marinate my salmon first. I don't want a big smelly mess, I make an aluminum foil bed with the edges turned up so there's no drips. Works pretty good.

11. Member
    I also line the bottom with foil. I lay a frozen salmon portion on the foil, source spritz with olive or avacado oil, 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.

12. Member
    I have a Ninja air fryer that I got for Christmas last year that's never been out of the box. Just couldn't imagine air fried food having any flavor or good texture. Maybe I should give it a try.

13. Member
    Steaks actually turn out pretty good in them too. You can get a nice carmelized crust pretty easy.

14. Member
    I used mine yesterday for the first time. I bought some extra large shrimp and cooked them. They came out great without the mess. I did wings today and they also came out great. Better than any I can buy around here. I caught a reddish today so I’m gonna fry it tomorrow in the air fryer.

15. Member
    I lay mine on foil, as to make no mess. Lay salmon ( skin side down) in there with a few pats of butter and seasoning you like. 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Perfecto. Can’t get any easier.

16. Member
    We’ve had an air fryer for two years. We LOVE ours and we use it multiple times per week. My wife is not a fan of chicken wings, so no help there, but we love it for fried fish.

17. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie74133 View Post
    I also line the bottom with foil. I lay a frozen salmon portion on the foil, source spritz with olive or avacado oil, 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I marinate my salmon first. I don't want a big smelly mess, I make an aluminum foil bed with the edges turned up so there's no drips. Works pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    I lay mine on foil, as to make no mess. Lay salmon ( skin side down) in there with a few pats of butter and seasoning you like. 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Perfecto. Can’t get any easier.

It sounds like people are doing it a lot like I did but I was using the oven feature not the air fryer feature...I would pat dry the salmon steak, cover lightly all sides with olive oil. Lay the it on aluminum foil in a baking tray skin side down. Lightly season with lemon pepper and garlic powder. I would bake at 400 and around 18 or so minutes when I saw the white protein release from the meat I would turn it on broil and give it a light char. I plan on doing it similar with the air fry mode. I think I'll put the salmon steak in the basket skin side down and use a drip tray with foil to catch the drippings. I'll just monitor the meat and pull when its done. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

18. Member
    What’s the Best air fryer you have had?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Steaks actually turn out pretty good in them too. You can get a nice carmelized crust pretty easy.
    I....just......can't. Steaks belong on a grill.

20. Member
    It sounds like people are doing it a lot like I did but I was using the oven feature not the air fryer feature...I would pat dry the salmon steak, cover lightly all sides with olive oil. Lay the it on aluminum foil in a baking tray skin side down. Lightly season with lemon pepper and garlic powder. I would bake at 400 and around 18 or so minutes when I saw the white protein release from the meat I would turn it on broil and give it a light char. I plan on doing it similar with the air fry mode. I think I'll put the salmon steak in the basket skin side down and use a drip tray with foil to catch the drippings. I'll just monitor the meat and pull when its done. Thanks for sharing your ideas.
    The salmon I cook is skinless (frozen portions from Sams). The reason I like the air fryer over baking is because with baking you get that oozing fat on top. The air fryer browns the top to a crisp and no ooze.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast