Using 4ga wire with Marineco 70 amp trolling motor receptacle

The max stated ga wire I can use with this is 6, but I want to do a single run of 4 ga for my Garmin Force. How do I make this work?

2. Member
    Run direct to troll motor with circuit breaker in between. Several places sell connectors to hook tm with wire, Home Depot, Amazon etc

3. Member
    ^^^^^ This ^^^^^ Do you need to be able remove the trolling motor? Personally I would just wire it direct and forget the receptacle all together. It just one more failure point in the chain..
    2005 Triton TR-186
    2024 Mercury Pro XS 150

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark v View Post
    The max stated ga wire I can use with this is 6, but I want to do a single run of 4 ga for my Garmin Force. How do I make this work?
    Unless you have a 30' Boat 4ga is a little overkill for your set up. 6ga is recommended. But if you insist get a terminal board with the correct amp spec. See below. Then buy the correct ring terminal for wire and bolt size. I am also not sure if #6 wire will fit in a 70 amp Marineco socket.

https://www.monstermarinelithium.com...xoC8UAQAvD_BwE

5. Member
    Split bolt connectors

6. Member
    Thank you very much for the tip. I’ll go with 6 and keep everything straight forward. I wanted the plug to be able to remove the motor easily should it need to be fixed. The Marineco installation instructions say it’ll accept 6 ga so I should be ok there.

7. Member
    You can peel back just enough strands until the last few inches are down to 6 gauge, and cut them off. Tape it up before and after cutting so they don't come loose.

4awg is defiantly over kill
    If you really want to supply your motor with the lowest resistance and voltage drop buy 6awg Class M welding wire

6awg Class M welding wire is one of the best they offer for mobile welding trucks and proved the minimum resistance for the 20 plus feet you need to cover

It has 660 strands of 34awg wire and can handle 105 amps at 600 volts so your force won’t even stress it

https://www.wireandcableyourway.com/...class-m-ul-csa
    "The handicapped angler"

Blue seas 2016.png
    Chris Hawkins

Ranger 520VX / Mercury Optimax 225

10. Member
    I wasn't thrilled with the buss Phoenix installed in my new 21 XE. I replaced it with the Battery Tender plug. It makes for a good connection and removing the trolling motor for service is easier.

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tende...0755YWFLV?th=1

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    4awg is defiantly over kill
    If you really want to supply your motor with the lowest resistance and voltage drop buy 6awg Class M welding wire

6awg Class M welding wire is one of the best they offer for mobile welding trucks and proved the minimum resistance for the 20 plus feet you need to cover

It has 660 strands of 34awg wire and can handle 105 amps at 600 volts so your force won’t even stress it

https://www.wireandcableyourway.com/...class-m-ul-csa
    I use welding cable for all my off grid installs and never had a issue even when over amping things. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

12. Member
    Battery tender screw together plug is the best thing going, I removed my visible connection and put it under the graph plate .