Thread: New stove

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New stove

Merry Christmas everyone, well we managed to get one more Christmas dinner out of the old Sears Kenmore stove and now we need a new one. My wife doesn't want anything fancy like convection oven but something reliable and electric with a glass top and 30". Any and all suggestions are much appreciated.

2. Member
    Hurry before the one you want is outlawed.

3. Moderator
    If she cooks/bakes a lot convection is a game changer. Much nicer and more even browning. I have a LG now and it’s been fine. If you stick to your original request just go to Lowe’s and find one on sale from the top 3-4 major brands. They all work fairly well in the basic form.

If you use any cast iron stuff to cook with, don't get a glass top.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeet'r89 View Post
    I have a glass top and 90% of the utensils I cook with are cast iron. Works fine no problem AT ALL. Just sit a heavy skillet or Dutch Oven down like you're sitting it down on a piece of glass and don't scoot it across the top. Same deal for a heavy aluminum or stainless steel pot or frying pan.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Ok, so yes you can use cast iron on a glasstop stove. You just have to be very self concious about using it.

7. Member
    I know you don’t need fancy, but consider if an integrated Air Fryer would be nice.
    Rad Brewer

8. Member
    We have a separate Ninja double air fryer which works great that we purchased based on recommendations from the BBC members.

9. Member
    We had a glass top for years at our house in Booneville. You just don’t want to slide fast iron on it. We have an electric now with the cooking elements that never stay put. Hate it! When I get time I have a heavy grated gas stove waiting to take the electric stoves place.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeet'r89 View Post
    I am sick and tired of the glass top. My next will be natural gas. Too much worry for the glass top. I'm an idiot for not doing natural gas, so my next will be.

11. Member
    Hate our white glass top. PIA to keep it clean. Use cast iron on it all the time without any issues.

12. Member
    I'm really interested to hear which brands you have the most confidence in and works and lasts the best.

13. Member
    Whatever you buy, splash on the extended warranty. We always do, and it always pays for itself. They just don't build things to last any more. On most things I won't buy that warranty, but on appliances, we always do, and always end up using it.

We have been through Samsung, LG, etc. We stick with GE now for everything, we have found them to be the most reliable.

14. Member
    Get one of the new electric induction cooktops. Fast, efficient, safer and easy to clean.

15. Member
    Do they even make them non convection now? Or at least without the option?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by burnerator View Post
    I'm really interested to hear which brands you have the most confidence in and works and lasts the best.
    I bought a GE Cafe 10 years ago and it has been great. I got the dual fuel version as I wanted an electric stove and gas cook top. An option I was talked into and now appreciate is the lower “baking drawer” rather than a warming draw or storage. Like having two ovens when needed although height limited.
    Rad Brewer

Never, ever for another glass top.....
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by team houston View Post
    Hurry before the one you want is outlawed.
    When stoves are outlawed only outlaws will have stoves

19. Member
    Our first lakehouse came with a glasstop. Could not wait to get that thing out of there as it really was not our style. Electric is ok but gas is where its at as long as it is going to be legal.

20. Member
    We replaced the electric GE with a gas Frigidaire 5 burner cast grates with air fry and convection oven. It is both self and steam clean. It has a "super burner" for fast high output if need'ed. The family now has these also.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast