Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

eBay seller help

Just sold 3 rods. All new. They are delivered 3 days ago. I get a message today saying one of them were broke.
    I responded with, I hate that man, I have insurance. Please help me file a claim and I’ll refund.

he says the tip wasn’t in the tube, and I shipped it broken.

would never do that. Ever. 1k ebay rating, several hundred sold on here.

what do you do?

Is the rod broke at the tip or is the tip missing? Did he send pictures of it?

3. Member
    I guess the other question for me is the value of the rods. I know when I order anything eBay or retail I always open it and inspect it, immediately.

My point on the value is if they were higher end rods nobody would have waited three days to contact if something was wrong, just my opinion. The other poster makes a good point as well, I would have sent pictures as well. Just seems odd for both parties.
    Scott
    2016 Nitro Z20 Pro
    Serial # 2B125401 - 250ProXS DFI/TM2

4. Member
    No pics yet. Said it was the top of the rod. Nothing wrong with tube. Rod was 100 curado. So it’s going to cost me 8

it’s strange to me it took 3 days.
    Last edited by wiget10; 12-21-2023 at 08:34 PM.

5. Member
    Sold on eBay for a long time. The sad truth is no matter what he decides to do from here he will end up winning the case.

6. Member
    I would ask him for a simple picture, with no part in the tube, which could have come out when he opened the package or gotten stuck in the packing material, you need something to prove it's broken. I would come to terms with him on deducting the price on the one rod and have him send the one rod back to you. That I would think would be a whole lot simpler than filing a USPS Claim this time of the year. You get the rod back, inspect it to make sure it is the one you sent, put a tip on it and resell it. You could always ask him to take the rod someplace and have them put a tip on it and just pay for that, unless it broke down farther and it changes the tip action too much. Your customer will probably have to submit the broken item along with the tube and packing material for inspection to your local post office, with no damage done to the tube the USPS will probably blame your packing skills and not honor the claim. Unless you are on a first name basis with someone at the post office they do not make it easy to get a refund, been there done that.
    Jerry "Rat-L-Trap" Lehman
    Never Enough "Traps"
    Triton TR-21 Merc Optimax 225
    Living Life Large at Toledo Bend

7. Member
    Sounds fishy but for what it’s worth I’ve bought a few rods the last few weeks a couple levantes and a p5. I have not opened any yet. My wife thinks she is funny wrapping the tubes before I get home from work.

Seller can’t win on eBay. Reason I no longer sell there. Buyer claims mythical damage and seller gets screwed. These bums get a lot of stuff for free.

I once had someone say they never received a highend swimbait I sold, of course I refunded their payment only to see them sell it on their eBay account months later. It was a one of a kind so I know it was the one I sold to him. I too stopped selling on there after that.

10. Member
    I don't sell on Ebay just for the reason already stated here. I recently bought a reel and when I got it here it was the wrong reel. I just thought to myself that "here we go". I got in touch with the seller and he apologized and offered to send the right reel once he got it back or to refund the purchase price. I told him unless he had the reel to ship I'd just like to have a refund. He sent a return label and I took the reel to the post office and let the lady watch me put in the box and she taped it up and shipped it.

I really thought when the reel got back there would be a problem. I received a notice of a refund a couple of days later. All in all I was surprised the guy was legit. I still have a small amount of hope for humanity. I was sure he was going to try to scam me in some way but in the end he just sent two reels to the wrong place. It could have happened to anyone.

11. Member
    I would request it be returned for evaluation, and then you could decide.!

12. Member
    It's pretty much a no win for you. I think you are the victim of a buyer looking to get something for free. eBay will undoubtedly side with the consumer whether there's proof or not. They have return and refund policies designed to make buying safe for the consumer. Unfortunately, scammers and shady sellers caused those policies to be necessary so the public would take the risk of buying. Now it sounds like you're dealing with a buyer that's scamming you. I would ask it be returned even though you'll have to pay the return shipping cost. At least that way you'll force the buyer to break the tip (if it wasn't actually broke already) and you'll at least know he didn't get to keep a good rod for free.

13. Member
    Ebay monitors all communications. Get a picture from him. Contact Ebay also to be a mediator. What was the buyers rating as a buyer? Some sellers at the higher end refuse to sell to ratings below a certain percentage. Not positive that is allowed anymore.

14. Member
    Was there an endcap o tube that could have come off, rod slides out and gets broken, worker pushes rod back in and reseals?
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

15. Member
    And this is why I buy off BBC. Never had a bad experience, and I know Al will get on the corporate jet and beat down a buyer or seller who does someone dirty.

16. Member
    He has 3100 which is strange. I believe it was broke in shipping, he didn’t notify when it happened, knows he needed to take pics to process claim, so now he’s being shady.
    Last edited by wiget10; 12-22-2023 at 05:42 AM.

17. Member
    Oh man I hate to read about stuff like this. I just hope he files the claim and it's put to rest that way...I don't think there is much else he can do?

I bought a youth baseball bat from a seller in Texas, $300 bat. He shipped in a triangular shaped USPS box that was way to big and didn't stuff the box to keep the bat from moving around. Long story made short, the bat busted through the box and fell out and I received an empty box. That seller accused me of mail fraud and called me every name in the book and threatened me with lawsuits before all of the dust finally settled. Dealing with shady folks is never wracking to say the least.

I,ve talked to several folks on here about Ebay. I have a lot of stuff auto parts related stuff that someone has to be looking for. Hearing stuff like this sure keeps me from doing it.

Depending on how you packaged it, he may have broken it unpacking it. Have purchased several that the rod tube was marked open this end and the tip end was there instead of the handle end. That said, only rod that was ever damaged came from factory with broken tip. No damage on shipping tube.

Hope it gets settled for you.

Some people just suck and hopefully some day they will get what they deserve
    Last edited by Grizzly; 12-22-2023 at 06:51 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast