Javelin trolling motor

Ok I’m trying to install a new fortrex on my 2001 javelin renegade 18 . There’s no way I can reach the bolts so it doesn’t have a recessed tray. My question is can I reach the bolts if I do or is there any other way to reach them? It is the same hull as a Stratos 273.

Should be able to reach them from the rod locker, and I think there is also a access panel at the nose. I had a venom 18 javelin, should've been the same boat. Know I could get to the bolts on mine.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

3. Member
    No small panel on left hand side can’t reach them there or thru rod locker

The access panel is under the rubber mat on the bow. Use a putty knife to help get it started and peel/lift it back enough to remove the round cover plate.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

5. Member
    one of them open end wrenches with a built in rachet will be your friend

6. Member
    Thanks got the access pad off and 5 bolts on I couldn’t get the one at the front on yet. Thanks to everyone

You can get it, just need room to lay on the deck a certain way to get your arm in and twisted/turned. Get someone to help with the bolt from the top side. I've done it a few times over the years.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Just wanted to post this for others that can't figure out how to access the bolts or wires for the trolling motor or graphs. I have a couple extra pics showing how I chose to change it, so I had easier access in the future. I have a rubber gasket under the plate.
    Attached Images Attached Images