Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    Sounds like... if the Co does not want to fish as a boater now, they should pay him the $1,100. A cheap price to show people you take care of your anglers.
    the “money” promised for AOY, has never been cash money, but credit toward to next year. $1100 cash to the coanglers is way over the top, seeing that entry credit for winning the co side was the cost of the tournament year as a co and somewhere around $550. They are still giving this credit to be used as a boater, but would have to pay the difference.

again, this is a situation where I see both sides, and I have to say, other than a player in their circuit, I cannot speak for them. I feel like what they offered was fair, but if a co doesn’t want to step up because of not having a boat etc, I’m not sure what the compensation should be.

I do agree their should be another avenue to use said credit, but again I don’t work for the org, just playing messenger.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoozier View Post
    So you think the coanglers should forfeit their winnings? For real? Is it ok for only the coangers to get screwed in this situation?
    Not the best solution, maybe they give you credit on the aft series. They still use cos I think

3. Member
    I live in central ca. Aba draws and average of 10 to 15 boats a tournament on the delta and 15 to 18 on clearlake ABA all but dead here in ca.
    Wild West folded and didn't pay a bunch of anglers and brigeford said there suing but they wont get any where with there lawsuit. The guy already filed chapter 7 and he will prevail. Judges here in ca are for the guy that's filing 99.9 percent of the time.
    Building and Fishing custom jigs
    Since 1977
    12.9 2006
    12.5 1998
    Favorite Lakes
    Eastman Lake
    Hensley Lake

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshunter67 View Post
    I live in central ca. Aba draws and average of 10 to 15 boats a tournament on the delta and 15 to 18 on clearlake ABA all but dead here in ca.
    Wild West folded and didn't pay a bunch of anglers and brigeford said there suing but they wont get any where with there lawsuit. The guy already filed chapter 7 and he will prevail. Judges here in ca are for the guy that's filing 99.9 percent of the time.
    15 to 20 boats is what abandoned was pulling here last year. This new format is a hail Mary for them I think. Time will tell.

5. Member
    Seems a little like some of the non boat owner Co Anglers think they're entitled or something. They already have the benefit of using someone elses property without all the expenses incurred for boat ownership when not competing. Most of the benefits should be for the boat owners using their boats all the time.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Seems a little like some of the non boat owner Co Anglers think they're entitled or something. They already have the benefit of using someone elses property without all the expenses incurred for boat ownership when not competing. Most of the benefits should be for the boat owners using their boats all the time.
    Sorry, thats a super ignorant response. The Coanglers paid an entry fee, paid the boaters for gas and time. They are most definitely entitled to the prizes that they were paying entry fees to win, just as the boaters were. In my experience the only guys complaining of coanglers online are the ones who routinely get their butt whooped by them.
    It would be a small token for the ABAs to reach out and make this right with the coanglers. They are ensuring that none of those coanglers ever fish their series again if and when they do get a boat.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    WOW!

Talk about being entitled!
    So You are all for not receiving something you earned and paid for?

WOW!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoozier View Post
    Sorry, thats a super ignorant response. The Coanglers paid an entry fee, paid the boaters for gas and time. They are most definitely entitled to the prizes that they were paying entry fees to win, just as the boaters were. In my experience the only guys complaining of coanglers online are the ones who routinely get their butt whooped by them.
    It would be a small token for the ABAs to reach out and make this right with the coanglers. They are ensuring that none of those coanglers ever fish their series again if and when they do get a boat.
    100%

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12