Talon remote batterie life and reception

I have a bluetooth Talon and aside from the constant issue of reception of the remotes and foot control not being good , seems to always work in "down" but "up" is weak when on the water and doesn't work unless I raise the remote to a clear line of site
    Always works on the Talon control pad , but walking back is a pain

I have tried turning off other bluetooth devices - ionic batteries ( took them out of boat ) - garmin graphs - force - smartphone
    Clearing Talon and remotes and re-pair
    Updating Talon
    Fresh batteries doesn't solve this , but when they get down below 20% its worse , dosen work on down either
    Minnkota reps haven solved this

Also the batterie life of the remotes is terrible , put fresh lithiums in and wihin a few weeks the % of charge shown on the app is way down , a month and at 10% . It would be nice it there was an off switch on the remotes but it seems like the bluetooth runs all the time sucking up batt life , have you had to remove the batteries between fishing ?
    2000 Champion 190SX
    2000 Yamaha VMAX 150
    Garmin Force
    106`s @ bow & console
    93 SV UHD 2 @ bow
    LVS 32 perspective
    LVS 34 forward
    Talon

2. Member
    I know it may be hard to believe, but both your remotes could be bad. They not suppose to burn the batteries like that.
    Do they work correctly with the one boat app?

3. Member
    I`m thinking there all not so good

I have 2 small ones and the talon triangle foot one
    I bought the second small one to use on a lanyard ,because up higher it works better , The first is in the cradle on the helm
    I had the Talon control board area open when I put a disconnect able cord on it ( after this problem was already happening ) was looking for the antenna but didnt see it
    I`m kind of thinking its more of a blue tooth antenna problem on the board if there is one for down and one for up
    Minnkota says take it to repair , thats 3 hrs away and the guy there says probably wont be able to do much but replace the board if he can get authorization , It `ll be cheaper to by a board and do it myself , paying for fuel and hassle if it came to that

Yes the app works and shows all three remotes and batterie voltage %; that may be bogus because it goes down progressively like a regular batterie not falling off all at once more like a lithium

As far as Minnkota reps the ones Ive talked to didnt even know theres no tallon app anymore and its the one boat now for talon
    And didnt know the batterie voltage % is shown
    2000 Champion 190SX
    2000 Yamaha VMAX 150
    Garmin Force
    106`s @ bow & console
    93 SV UHD 2 @ bow
    LVS 32 perspective
    LVS 34 forward
    Talon

4. Member
    I don't really think it is the control board. I would buy one new remote and see if it does as you describe. The fact that the app works correctly make me lean towards the remote.

5. Member
    Finally spoke to a minnkota rep that seemed to know whats up
    He thinks its the control board , either the Bluetooth thats integrated inside or what its trigering when up is signaled ,
    They are sending me a board
    We will see
    2000 Champion 190SX
    2000 Yamaha VMAX 150
    Garmin Force
    106`s @ bow & console
    93 SV UHD 2 @ bow
    LVS 32 perspective
    LVS 34 forward
    Talon