85 150 Black Max Removal Wire Idea?

I just picked up a 85 150 Blackmax xr2 and will be removing from current boat to install on my 87 Stratos. When looking over what I need to remove I have these 3 Red wires that follow engine cable from boat. Any idea what they are and can I just remove and separate from cable?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like the hot wires for your trim solenoids. Just make sure the Stratos has the same Mercury 8 pin wiring harness coming from the remote control and you should be ok.

3. Member
    those are not factory someone installed those to power something in boat with batt voltage ( hack ) should not be used /needed for correct installation of engine
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1 to Joe's comment. Remove the hack-job wires.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

If needed, relocate them directly to the battery.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

6. Member
    After further investigation I have determined they go to a tilt/trim switch on back of boat. Will remove and leave with boat. Thanks for the help.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ekwalker View Post
    After further investigation I have determined they go to a tilt/trim switch on back of boat. Will remove and leave with boat. Thanks for the help.
    smart man indeed
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

I stand corrected........again.