Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody interested in joining an accountability thread?

I'm needing to knock off 20lbs. Gonna start Jan 1. Wondering if anybody else wants to join me? It seems to always help me when I can document my accountability and learn from other's journeys. This isn't the easy route like Ozempic. Gonna take a slow path to success. I'm not gonna stop until I lose 20, no matter how long it takes. I've gained 10lbs this year. I'm big boned and feel real good around 215-220, but I'm still fat. By BMI, I'm way obese at that weight. I weigh 245 right now and need to be able to breathe in my dress pants, so it's time. I'm targeting a goal that I can obtain. We can all record our weights and if you don't want to post it, just post your results periodically. I'm thinking every 2 weeks we update results, positive or negative. My objective is to be healthier so I can enjoy life better and live longer. Not a spring chicken anymore.....(63). Please join, if interested.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

I have 5 days left and then it's time. Please join in. If not, please follow the thread. The more views that I'll receive, the easier it will be for me. And it ain't gonna be easy but it's something that I gotta do.

Official weigh in on Jan 1st = 246lbs (ugh!)
    Goal to achieve = 226lbs
    Timeline = as long as it takes
    Method = 18:6 fasting, less food intake, 15mi/week walking.
    Ready Set Go!

I'll be checking in periodically and please do so yourself. I have no doubt there will be hurdles along the way, but I believe I have a realistic goal that can be obtained. This first week will be a killer! Wish me luck......

Okie

4. Member
    I'll join in.......321.2 to start Jan 1st. Doing the same fasting pattern as you, trying to eat way less calories, more wild game, and way way less carbs. And not drinking NEAR as much. Happy to report back if that's okay. Good luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by vandamit View Post
    I'll join in.......321.2 to start Jan 1st. Doing the same fasting pattern as you, trying to eat way less calories, more wild game, and way way less carbs. And not drinking NEAR as much. Happy to report back if that's okay. Good luck to you!
    Awesome, bro...thanks. We will help each other. I'll be reporting my progress around the middle of January.

A GREAT BIG GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

Please explain the 18:6 Fasting !
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    Please explain the 18:6 Fasting !
    18hours without food. 6 hour window that you can eat. I have cheated some already due to certain circumstances. I’ve ate some fresh fruit a little during the 18 hour “no eating” window. Still trying to get acclimated but I will not give up. I will give a detailed report around the end of each month.

I hope your doing well, vandamit.

Okie

8. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Six family members on Thanksgiving weekend decided to do a weight loss (percentage of body weight) challenge. Since Thanksgiving day, I am down 18 lbs. at 6.87% body weight lost.. eating healthy meals and nothing between meals. Also been walking 4 miles every morning and 3 most every evening

Dale Sinclair original

Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    Six family members on Thanksgiving weekend decided to do a weight loss (percentage of body weight) challenge. Since Thanksgiving day, I am down 18 lbs. at 6.87% body weight lost.. eating healthy meals and nothing between meals. Also been walking 4 miles every morning and 3 most every evening
    Excellent results! Congrats to you......

Jan is over. First month of trying to lose has many excuses. Not going there. Overall, I did have a positive weight reduction but not what I expected. Too many excuses, but again, not going there. It's been damn tough to say the least. A very cold Jan means more time in the house and less time outdoors....not favorable for me.

Weight as of 1/31/24 - 242lbs
    Walking avg - 6mi/week (gotta get around 12-15mi/wk)
    Fasting has been non-existent

I'm hoping Feb is better results. 4lbs is 4lbs but I can do better.....reset and go!

11. Member
    Just making the effort is a start. I need to lose around 20 pounds. The past couple of years have been difficult. I'm suffering from spider bites and I'm told that the effects may never completely go away. After being bitten by three Brownies Recluse spiders, I found them in my short beard and I didn't feel anything until four days later. The damage was far worse than I thought it would be. I was on Steroids and antibiotics for six weeks and within a few months I was going to my dentist and was having root canal after root canal, I told her that she didn't listen to me when I told her this wasn't helping me at all because I was losing every tooth she worked on.
    I eventually had to have what was left removed. Hence the weight gain. Not being able to chew my food was a problem.
    Before this, I weighed 165# 32" waste at 5'8". And now I'm at 189# 36" waste and I don't have the energy to do anything!

Feb is over. I'm still making the effort but not what I know I could do. Just kinda cruising but still presenting a positive result. I've lost a whopping 4 pounds again for this month. I was killing it until about a week ago and cheated some, and last night's beer and food. If I can show one pound loss every month, so be it. It'll take 20 months to lose my goal of 20lbs lost. I'm at least ahead of that bar.

Weight as of 2/29/24 - 238lbs
    Walking avg - In the well (been doing physical farm work instead)

Since living in AR, I had my first visit with my new doctor on Tuesday of this week. Just got all labs back and everything checked out very well. So, I celebrated last night with 3 IPA's while burning brush in the pasture. That did not help my weigh-in at all this morning. From lab results, worst number was A1C value at 5.6 and 5.7 is pre-diabetes mark. For March, my goal is to get my walking established better along with physical activity on the farm. I also need to eat closer to a diabetic controlled diet.....ugh! Until next month......

13. Member
    Ok....Ill jump in here......

On 1/3/2023 I weighed in at 293.4 lbs made the decision that day right there I wasn't going to live like that any more, I had no energy, and didn't do things with my kids that they wanted me too because I was sore, or tired or just plain out of shape. And everything was work and I didn't enjoy any of my hobbies any more fishing included because I was so out of shape.

Over the last year I have lost 103.4 pounds, this morning I weighed in at 190.3 lbs. I started just counting calories. I eat between 1600 and 1800 calories per day. I don't really follow any specific program. Just eat what I want when I want as long as I can fit it into my calorie budget. There have been many missteps but overall once I had a routine established things got way easier.

Now after losing about 40 pounds I added in walking and walked 5 miles every day, and then when I hit the 80 pound lost mark I started going to the gym and using the treadmill (winter time hit) and lifting, Still working out the whole lifting program as I tend to enjoy running/walking more than weight lifting so its easier to stick to that.

I will gladly contribute to this thread as well.

For context my stats are:
    Male
    Height: 6' 1"
    Start weight: 293 lbs
    Current weight: 190.3 lbs
    Goal weight: 185 lbs

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie Poke View Post
    Feb is over. I'm still making the effort but not what I know I could do. Just kinda cruising but still presenting a positive result. I've lost a whopping 4 pounds again for this month. I was killing it until about a week ago and cheated some, and last night's beer and food. If I can show one pound loss every month, so be it. It'll take 20 months to lose my goal of 20lbs lost. I'm at least ahead of that bar.

Weight as of 2/29/24 - 238lbs
    Walking avg - In the well (been doing physical farm work instead)

Since living in AR, I had my first visit with my new doctor on Tuesday of this week. Just got all labs back and everything checked out very well. So, I celebrated last night with 3 IPA's while burning brush in the pasture. That did not help my weigh-in at all this morning. From lab results, worst number was A1C value at 5.6 and 5.7 is pre-diabetes mark. For March, my goal is to get my walking established better along with physical activity on the farm. I also need to eat closer to a diabetic controlled diet.....ugh! Until next month......

@Okie Poke .....So a little advice here and I'm not trying to be a know it all. You lost 7 pounds in 8 weeks and that is awesome progress!!!! Losing 1 pound per week is a very sustainable rate. Losing too fast can lead to a crash diet/binge cycle that is not healthy. So keep up the great work!!!!

As a side note here intermittent fasting does nothing for weight loss as a whole. Weight loss is strictly about energy consumption and energy burn (energy=calories) so in the simplest form if you burn more calories than you consume you will lose weight. Without know how tall you are, and your normal daily activity level it would be hard to say how many calories you burn/need just to be alive. But if you use a site like my fitness pal and go through the guided set up it will give you a good starting point as to how many calories you should consume to lose weight.

But anyway great job on your progress so far!!!!

Wow, collinsje.....you've knocked it outta the park and I bet you feel so much better health wise and about your appearance. Me.....I'm just dilly dallying around and not doing all I can to maximize weight loss. I'm putting some effort in or I wouldn't lose any. I do feel better just losing 10lbs. That's a sack of potatoes. Keep up the good. You are a dedicated soul.

Height 5'11"
    Weight 235
    Age 63

16. Member
    Was almost up to 240 last summer. Started the carnivore diet in earnest and have stuck to it 98% of the time. Was 205 on 1/1 and went to Florida for a couple months and maintained. Want to get below 200 and closer to 190 before calling it. Feel so much better and sleep better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    Was almost up to 240 last summer. Started the carnivore diet in earnest and have stuck to it 98% of the time. Was 205 on 1/1 and went to Florida for a couple months and maintained. Want to get below 200 and closer to 190 before calling it. Feel so much better and sleep better.
    Excellent progress, rangerdeepv!

March is over. I am barely staying ahead of the curve. Weigh-in today is 236.....a whopping 2lb lost. I'll take it, though. I feel like I know what I need to do to continue to show positive results. You gotta try, but I ain't really trying that hard. 12lbs loss total since Jan 1st. Good enough, I guess....I know I feel better with just that small amount gone.

19. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    I’m still doing good on my weight loss. Since thanksgiving I’m down 28 lbs. and feel great..time to do some clothes shopping

Dale Sinclair original

20. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    Great job

Dale Sinclair original

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast