Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    You are asking so many questions where answers are existing in the parts catalog and service manual.
    go here for the service manual https://www.pdfsale.com/outboard.mot...ual.507127.htm
    go here for the parts catalog https://epc.brp.com/Index

2. Member
    thanks for pointing out the online service manual. I do have a manual that shows multiple items being replaced in this vapor pump once you disassemble it; however, the only service part I can find online in the diagram. I'm wondering if others have only replaced the diaphragm and it worked out well? I'm afraid I'll open it up and their are other parts that should be replaced that cannot be purchased. Is anyone aware of a rebuild kit for this vapor pump?

3. Member
    There is a rebuild kit for the 6 hp fuel pump which forms the basis for the vapor separator. That part is 393088. I would venture a guess that parts in the vapor separator are the same and fewer compared to the fuel pump and the principles of operation and function are the same. The fuel pump rebuild kit would be a good potential to have all the parts you need.

4. Member
    Thanks, appreciate all of the help.

5. Member
    I've been busy rebuilding carbs and replacing float bowls. I've noticed something with the first two carburetors, both high speed orfices were not in the correct position. They are not screwed all the way in (see picture). What impact would this have had on motor performance?
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Yes the high speed circuit is effected if the orifice isn't fully seated. There is an improved drain screw that has a raised "tit" on it that keeps the orifice seated # 0344267. But will have no effect on losing prime.

7. Member
    need a little help, I'm rebuilding the vapor pump. When disassembling, a metal disk shown in the pictures came flying out of the assembly when the spring pressure released. I assume it fits in the last piece on the right in the picture (pulse base). I'm wondering if it matters what side of this metal disk is suppose to be down into the pulse base? Their seems to be a difference between the two sides of the metail disk.

I'm asking because each time I assemble it and perform the test the instructions say, it fails.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Member
    Just a final follow up to this post in case it helps someone else. Got my boat out the earliest I've ever had it out in Michigan. The engine ran the best it has ever run. I ended up rebuilding all four carburetors and replacing the carb bowls. I found the rebuild to not be that terrible difficult. Two of the carbs had been worked on by a marine shop in the fall and the other two had not been touched before. I found warn needle / seat in some of the carbs, replaced all of them. I found float height not set correctly on the two carbs rebuilt by the marine shop. found the high speed jet in the carb bowls had totally worked themselves out of position on the carbs that hadn't been touched before. Attempted to rebuild the vapor pump but that didn't work out well so just installed a new vapor pump. Thanks for all the input and ideas, felt great to have boat running great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12