Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    What is the difference in top speed between 24v and 36v mode on the Ultrex Quest?
    2017 Legend SS 1860 Semi-V
    2013 Evinrude Etec 150/105 jet drive
    Minn kota Ultrex Quest Trolling Motor
    Humminbird Helix 9 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N (console)
    Garmin Echomap Ultra 106sv with LVS32 transducer (bow)
    YouTube: youtube.com/Etec86

2. Member
    It is certainly heavier!!!!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by st041986 View Post
    What is the difference in top speed between 24v and 36v mode on the Ultrex Quest?
    No data on that, but it will be a difference in speed, how much

4. Member
    Lift assist upgraded gas spring power is 1500 N , just bought one and it is perfect power for livescanner and megalive

5. Member
    How do you swap out the stock pull handle and upgrade to a better handle. The stainless collar inside the bracket seems tricky to remove. Anyone swapped out pull handles yet?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint River Nut View Post
    How do you swap out the stock pull handle and upgrade to a better handle. The stainless collar inside the bracket seems tricky to remove. Anyone swapped out pull handles yet?
    You have to back feed the pull cable from the handle end through the mount and grab the keeper as you are feeding. The end has a keeper that has allen screws. The allen screws must be loosen to remove. This is the opposite way from the G-Force handle.

7. Member
    Did you have any luck getting that stainless collar out to replace the stock handle ?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint River Nut View Post
    Yes, I have. Remove the TM from mount. thru the mount nose, pry barrel from the plastic tabs with a screwdriver. Now you can feed cable to get to barrel locking screws. Take note of cable routing.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

My Ulterra Quest 36V over corrects constantly on spot lock. I've adjusted scales with -02 giving the best results but still far from ideal. I'm thinking 36 volts is just too much for my smallish aluminum rig. I'm going to remove one battery and see if that helps.

Thoughts?
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv/LVS34
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

10. Member
    Easy enough to experiment with.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer View Post
    My Ulterra Quest 36V over corrects constantly on spot lock. I've adjusted scales with -02 giving the best results but still far from ideal. I'm thinking 36 volts is just too much for my smallish aluminum rig. I'm going to remove one battery and see if that helps.

Thoughts?
    Nice to have that option. A short light boat with a good sized OB is a candidate to be overpowered by spot lock. I am curious if you have used spotlock before. With little or no wind is the toughest condition for spot lock to keep from appearing overpowering. Those 2 factors add up to the possibility. However, Spotlock does not use max power except in extreemly windy conditions. changing to 24 volts may not make a huge difference. Let us know.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Nice to have that option. A short light boat with a good sized OB is a candidate to be overpowered by spot lock. I am curious if you have used spotlock before. With little or no wind is the toughest condition for spot lock to keep from appearing overpowering. Those 2 factors add up to the possibility. However, Spotlock does not use max power except in extreemly windy conditions. changing to 24 volts may not make a huge difference. Let us know.
    Yes, I've used it on my boat with an updated Ulterra which was followed by an Ultrex. Both were 24v. Spot lot worked well on both.

I understand to not engage spot lock until boat is almost or completely stopped and I know calm or no winds also causes the motor to constantly correct.

I've also noticed the Ulterra Quest will make several rapid, short, micro type adjustments. My two previous motors did not do this.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv/LVS34
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234