Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    The X19 is a great hull design. My son had one of the older narrower X19s (2007 I think) and there are some videos of him on YouTube running on Wheeler Lake in North Alabama in a college tournament that shows the hull in some nasty chop.

I just went from the best glass boat ever produced (2022 Allison XB21) to a X21 Xpress (daughter started college, needed to free up some finances) and although this boat is not an Allison (nothing is), I have been beyond impressed by it during the 13 hours I’ve put on it so far. I live where 5 rivers dump into a large bay and I’ve had it on both bay and river in some decent chop and it’s been great.

The X19 and X21 are the same beam width with the 19 being 2’ shorter of course.

With me being an old speed guy, I sometimes wish I would have bought the 19 but I can say the 21 is no slouch for a 21’ boat in the mph arena.

As far as the boxes getting wet, yea … I’m still trying different things and mine is definitely better than it was but not perfect.
    I don't know this as fact but have heard the X21 with a flashed 250 will get into the 90's with the right prop. Was told a local was turning a 30 pitch prop and still hitting the limiter. I find that hard to believe so take it for a grain of salt. Even 80's is pretty effin fast in a bass boat.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    I don't know this as fact but have heard the X21 with a flashed 250 will get into the 90's with the right prop. Was told a local was turning a 30 pitch prop and still hitting the limiter. I find that hard to believe so take it for a grain of salt. Even 80's is pretty effin fast in a bass boat.
    2020 X21 with 200 flashed to a 300. Hitting 80mph with full load, full tank, and 2 kids. 27p tempest. IMO, I could see maybe upper 80's if the boat was empty but not 90's. Not to say it isn't possible, but its just not likely. I know Nizpro has other options too. That is interesting though.
    I am motivated by the fear of being average.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jgleu View Post
    2020 X21 with 200 flashed to a 300. Hitting 80mph with full load, full tank, and 2 kids. 27p tempest. IMO, I could see maybe upper 80's if the boat was empty but not 90's. Not to say it isn't possible, but its just not likely. I know Nizpro has other options too. That is interesting though.

Yes, I think anything over 80 on the X21 will probably require a supercharger or a really hot tune.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

4. #FRB
    Yes, I think anything over 80 on the X21 will probably require a supercharger or a really hot tune.
    Might want a small fortune set back for when the hot tune turns your motor into a hot mess, LOL. I have always wondered what it would be like spraying one of these 4-stroke outboards with nitrous. I won't do it to mine but I'm sure someone will/has.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

5. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by jgleu View Post
    I looked at getting a Nizpro flash for my 115 but didn't look like the value was there for my block like it is for the V6 block. Doesn't look like the tune for my 1.8 litre I-4 would do much real world just looking at the before and after curves. Now if I had an X19 with a 200 it would be GAME ON!
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

6. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    Might want a small fortune set back for when the hot tune turns your motor into a hot mess, LOL. I have always wondered what it would be like spraying one of these 4-stroke outboards with nitrous. I won't do it to mine but I'm sure someone will/has.
    I have seen a SHO on Hydro Tec Dyno sprayed and the same motor ran on a Storker sprayed as a project I was involved with and it is truly amazing what these motor can take.
    Last edited by Wags; 12-21-2023 at 05:49 PM.
    LeaLea

7. Member
    Is yours flashed Joe? Pad work, 300 flash and light should get you in low 80's. I haven't seen a x19 in the 90's ready to fish. High 80's yes. The pad on these boats is lacking compared to a glass boat, [esp our 2002 Alison as you know!] To me it is not worth it as 70 is enough. That prop you are going to see will put me in the upper 70's in the right conditions and my pad is rough. CJ
    Last edited by CJ1; 12-22-2023 at 03:03 PM.
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    Is yours flashed Joe? Pad work, 300 flash and light should get you in low 80's. I haven't seen a x19 in the 90's ready to fish. High 80's yes. The pad on these boats is lacking compared to a glass boat, [esp our 2002 Alison as you know!] To me it is not worth it as 70 is enough. That prop you are going to see will put me in the upper 70's in the right conditions and my pad is rough. CJ
    Yea, my engine has about 14 hours on it as of tonight (hoping to put an hour or two on it tomorrow) so I’m hoping it loosens up a little after the 20 hours service and full synthetic oil. I haven’t really looked at my pad closely on this boat as I bought it for a different purpose than my previous Allisons and Bullets. I do want to maximize my set up on anything I own but I don’t plan to go to any extremes on this rig. I also never run light, it always has a tournament load.

So far I’m running 73-74 solo, with a tournament load and full gas, 10” hydraulic plate, dual 8’ raptors, 360, 36V Quest, dual 10” stack on bow and dual 9” at console with a 27 Bravo 1. It actually ran 75-76 with the same load before I sent the prop to have it cleaned up. I asked Mark for a few more rpms and I think that was a mistake, got the rpms and the speed dropped a little. (Not Mark’s fault, he did what I asked.)

I’ve only tried the Bravo, a beat up 26 tempest plus, and the 25 VMX3 25 PT that came on the boat so I’m sure there maybe a few more mph with the right prop setup.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

9. Member
    I have a 2013 model x-19 I ordered new. It’s a great fishing boat. We have made many memories in it all over the United States. It’s has never let me down even on the days I should not have been on the water in 35 mph winds. Prop it out correctly and you’re good to go. I really don’t ever see me getting a different boat. I like it a lot.

10. Member
    I am not sure how this applies any different but I have to keep my boat covered but in a side yard and by covered I mean well covered with a boat cover, not garaged. I love the fact that the aluminum hull is more weather proof than my old glass Blazer. This Xpress is PERFECT for our use in HS tournaments in TX. I have a rather small 150 on it but it gets on plane like a competition ski boat and runs pretty close to 60 all day long. I wish it had a better setup for the graph on the console (2008 model) but this thing is just a great boat. Super happy with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12