Thread: Lure blanks

Lure blanks

I was on Barlow's looking at all of the different lure blanks they have. I see a lot of them are knock-offs of existing baits. What is the performance like for these lure blanks? I'd like to get some to paint, but want them to perform well also.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I've gotten some of these and had a buddy paint them, all of the ones I've tried swim really well (all smaller glides, Klash and BullShad ko's)

4. Member
    Thanks guys! I'll check this place out.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Many of our lure blanks come from the same factories as the brand name blanks, though, for obvious reasons, we can't state that about specific blanks.

Matt Barlow
    Barlow's

6. Member
    Thanks for that info, Matt. I'm pretty sure you're another place I was going to check out anyway since I need to get a few lure parts as well.

In my opinion, Barlows has the best website to compare hook sizes, shapes, any lure parts.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

8. Member
    some of the best blanks going right here.

https://www.jigshack.com/unpainted-lure-blank

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcuts9 View Post
    some of the best blanks going right here.

https://www.jigshack.com/unpainted-lure-blank
    Absolutely! I just found this website and am definitely going to be ordering some 110 and 110+1 jerkbait knock-offs to try. Thanks!

10. Member
    Bruce West is the owner. He also paints as well and is one of the best at that. Send him some older crankbaits and a picture of the color you want and he will make it look like new.

I send older Bandits and he makes them look like new with the original color

Lurepartsonline.com
    Backwateroutfitting.com
    Barlowstackle.com
    Cedarrunoutdoors.com
    ebay.com
    fishheadcustomlures.com
    Getbitcustombaits.com
    Jannsnetcraft.com
    Predatorbassbaits.com
    Sheltsfishingtackle.com
    wLure.com
    Last edited by 21XDC; 12-27-2023 at 09:10 AM.

12. Member
    Awesome list!! Thank you very much for all of those recommendations. I'll definitely be checking them out.

13. Member
    Backwater Outfitting
    Cedar Run Outdoors
    Shelts
    Alternative Lures (excellent source for swimbait blanks)
    Sugartit Custom Lures

These are all sources I can attest to having quality products and good service. Of them, Sugartit gets 70% of my business, the rest gets divided between the others.

14. Member
    Awesome, thanks for the extra suggestions. It seems like several places have a few knock-off baits that I'd like to try, so I'll have to order from each of them to see which ones I like.

15. Member
    I buy some they work well. I run a bead of super glue around the seam to prevent leaks. I use cheap Chinese suppliers. I use a lot of them without paint, just a false eye dot, eyes and then clear coat. Lots of fish like clear.

16. Member
    Anyone buy the Alternative Lures Hinko HinK.O. | No label Copy2 (alternativelures.com)? It's the alternative to the Hinkle Shad. Just wondering if it actually performs. For me a lot of the large hard swimbaits have not performed right. Look good and I am sure it paints up great. Just wondering about it actually catching fish. Wish he would have a place for reviews on his site so you can get some feedback on what you are buying.

I have bought quite a few of his crankbaits which have been fine. The swimbaits at all the sites listed here are a crap shoot.