Upgrading to 496TF

I own a 2006 296TF. I'm looking for any info anyone has on upgrading to a new 496TF: I am planning on H-Birds (probably Solix)/Ultrex Quest TM, I only know about the Marketing info I read. I absolutely do not want a squeaky TM and know some of the earlier Ultrex models were noisy at the head. I'm also thinking about 8' Talons.

Thanks for sharing any experiences or information you have!

2. Member
    I loved my 496! I was thinking about going back to one, but I am interested in the 50th anniversary edition 797 too.

3. Member
    I am considering Solix graphs. I prefer to go back to In-Dash at the console. Anyone have a Solix In-Dash at the console.Wondering if a 10" can fit in the dash. Raptor vs Talon..... I plan on installing 8' anchors and with 94" max in my garage I would have to install Raptors.

4. Member
    The dash won't hold anything more than a 5 or 6" graph in the 496. I did see one guy that did dual 9" on a mount and looked pretty good

5. Member
    Thanks for that note!

Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    The dash won't hold anything more than a 5 or 6" graph in the 496. I did see one guy that did dual 9" on a mount and looked pretty good

You will absolutely love the ride of the 496!! I know I did.
    Charger 210 Elite

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Hunt View Post
    You will absolutely love the ride of the 496!! I know I did.
    Pro-Hunt, nice looking ride. What year is it? I'm looking at a new Pro XS, Raptor, Solix Graphs, and Minn Kota Ultrex Quest. Any thoughts or ideas on set up or Charger options on the boat?

My boat now is a 2018 210 Elite. Previously we had a 496 and loved it but got that new boat itch.
    We had talons on it but now would have went raptor or power poles due to how much the talon brackets drug in the water.
    You can use a bracket to mount a graph between dash and steering wheel. There is also room beside windshield/console to put a mount and graph. That is how I had two graphs on the 496 and have same setup on the 210.
    I just had a manual jackplate and was fine with that. The 496 was before the new 4 stroke so can’t help with motor setup there. With a 2 stroke 250 pro-xs it would run 70-72 loaded down heavy with a ton of stuff. No chine walk at those speeds either; was a dream to drive!!
    When it gets rough just nose that deep V down and let it cut the waves!
    Send touch of class a pm and he should definitely be able to help point you in right direction on motor hight and prop setup.
    If you are putting front facing sonar on the boat and don’t like the transducer on the troller; check out The LiveScanner mount. I have that mount/controller and could never go back to troller mounted transducer. I do a lot of spot locking so I want the ability to scan without moving the troller.
    One other thing if you are ordering the boat; Charger lets you tweak their colors if you want. I added 5% silver flake to the blue I had on the 496 and did the same with the 210.
    Charger is great about tweaking or adding things if you need/request it.
    Charger 210 Elite

9. Member
    My boat now is a 2018 210 Elite. Previously we had a 496 and loved it but got that new boat itch.
    We had talons on it but now would have went raptor or power poles due to how much the talon brackets drug in the water.
    You can use a bracket to mount a graph between dash and steering wheel. There is also room beside windshield/console to put a mount and graph. That is how I had two graphs on the 496 and have same setup on the 210.
    I just had a manual jackplate and was fine with that. The 496 was before the new 4 stroke so can’t help with motor setup there. With a 2 stroke 250 pro-xs it would run 70-72 loaded down heavy with a ton of stuff. No chine walk at those speeds either; was a dream to drive!!
    When it gets rough just nose that deep V down and let it cut the waves!
    Send touch of class a pm and he should definitely be able to help point you in right direction on motor hight and prop setup.
    If you are putting front facing sonar on the boat and don’t like the transducer on the troller; check out The LiveScanner mount. I have that mount/controller and could never go back to troller mounted transducer. I do a lot of spot locking so I want the ability to scan without moving the troller.
    One other thing if you are ordering the boat; Charger lets you tweak their colors if you want. I added 5% silver flake to the blue I had on the 496 and did the same with the 210.
    Charger is great about tweaking or adding things if you need/request it.
    Thanks much for the additional info Pro-Hunt. It is helpful!

Your welcome.
    Charger 210 Elite

11. Member
    Your welcome.
    Where the hell have you been David?

Been lurking on here a lot but don’t post much.
    Charger 210 Elite