Mounting livescope black box

How/where is everyone mounting the black box? I have a 21xd and as soon as my back recovers from strain I"m looking to start install and I"m looking for any and all tips and tricks I can get also do" & don"ts. Thanks

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Plenty of options in a Bullet. For a clean look, I like them at the back of the rod locker and tidy the wires up and run them to the bow. You would need the 6m extension cable to do this however. You can also mount it at the front inside wall just past the opening without using the extension cable.
    Chad Phillips
    BassBoatElectronics.com
    Ultra Marine Service - Mercury Outboard sales and service
    1-800-931-9926
    1230 Topside Rd. Louisville, TN 37777
    Showroom & Office Hours M-F 8a-5p

3. Member
    I put my active target box under the dash bolted to the back of the day box , the cables run from the bow on the inside of the hull coming out under the dash , you can't see anything and it's not taking up usable space.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

4. Member
    I put mine in the front inner wall of the right front compartment. Worked out slick with easy access if I ever need to do anything with it.

5. Member
    Mounted mine the same as black fox.Inner wall driver side rod box. Far enough forward to be just past the rod box door.

6. Member
    Ditto the last two. I mounted mine forward in the right side "rod box" on the outer wall. Worked out great and is never in the way.

7. Member
    Thanks for the replies, I was able to mount mine in rod box towards the bow. 20 year old boats weren't designed with access behind bow panel in mind.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidt753 View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I was able to mount mine in rod box towards the bow. 20 year old boats weren't designed with access behind bow panel in mind.
    That's funny everyone mounts the box up front , I didn't want the weight on the bow , everything in my boat is placed to make it run better probably amounts to .05 mph
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

9. Member
    I got a SDC, i mounted mine under the passenger side console. Can't see any wires or the black box. I did this for multiple reasons, It moves the weight back and on the passenger side. My bow is already crazy heavy with a HDS16 and garmin 12 on a Boat logix mount. Added bonus is there's no wires anywhere that you can see.
    Last edited by hyperflow; 12-21-2023 at 07:18 AM.