Lost my yellow cap off the trim pump

S/n: 1B964392 250proxs 2013

one of my last trips out this year my partner noticed an oil slick-I
    was missing the yellow plug-no idea how it came loose in the first place but I
    ordered new, flushed, filled, primed, seemed to work
    facebook group told me took a lot of fluid to flush the milky residual oil out
    thought I had it pretty well licked

I went to winterize and I had my motor slightly tilted overnight-by the next morning it settled down
    So I’m draining the oil again and noticed its still super milky(pink-new mercury bottle is clear-I wonder what oil they used that was red) even after I flushed like a quart and a half thru it
    -under slight slight slight air pressure I used my air hose to try to push more of the milky out and add new but it seems like its a never ending river of strawberry milk

#1-im playin hell to get the milky stuff flushed out
    #2-maybe I have a problem with some seals leaking(?)

just looking for some advice

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Red is from the Factory Fluid- they put a trace-dye in it that's red.

There really is not way to fully flush the system in one pass, other than complete teardown and cleaning. The other hard part is the system would drain the most fluid out in the absolute full down/tucked position (meaning you have to manually lift it back up to fill it).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    So if I can’t flush ALL of the milky stuff out, is there any long term effects to the pump? I’ll continue to flush it as best I can still.

4. Member
    Long term effects are corrosion.

5. Member
    Maybe put a new rubber vacuum cap on to replace the yellow cap you lost.

6. Member
    Curious. I can't say whether it would work but maybe it's possible to drain the reservoir, make a cap with a fitting on it for a hvac vacuum pump, and put a vacuum on the system to boil the water out. Just a thought.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1 on the corrosion. Pretty much will trash that system over time, requiring you to replace the entire system.

Right now it's essentially a disassemble, clean and reseal operation (far less costly).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    +1 on the corrosion. Pretty much will trash that system over time, requiring you to replace the entire system.

Right now it's essentially a disassemble, clean and reseal operation (far less costly).
    that’s probably what I’ll do..I assume you sell a seal kit? How do I order it from you?

9. Member
    Click on this link below from the FAQ section

If you want to order or price Mercury Engine Parts or Accessories...