New Grandparents + Kids Far Away...You Know What that Means!

My wife and I became grandparents on December 7. Kids live up north. I have a great deal of experience in "mobile homes" but never owned an RV of any kind. I'm in the very early stages of exploration. I'm currently thinking of getting Class C or TT. Please start throwing your experiences at me! And thanks!
    2016 Ranger Z518 - 150 HP Mercury 4-Stroke

2. Member
    It's not a Class C or TT, but its hard to beat a slide in truck camper for convenience. There's several out there......and one is bound to fit your needs. Plus, you can take the boat with you too! We have a Northstar Laredo SC and love it! Good luck in your search for what ever you get! Congrats on the grandbaby!!

3. Member
    No perfect answer.
    TT/ 5th- Can disconnect, leaving tow vehicle free to roam. Depending on size, allows for more space and stuff. More difficult in traffic and can't bring boat.
    class c- Have to put interior stuff away every time you move (big PIA) Can tow. Extra insurance and taxes associated with class c. Usually a lot of rattles while driving.
    slide in- Can disconnect. Can tow. VERY cramped, especially the smaller ones. Bigger ones require a very expensive truck and are more expensive than a TT per square foot.

We live in Va. we travel to Austin and the gulf coast every winter for a month with our dog to visit our daughter and enjoy some warm weather. We stay in a campground, as there isn't room at her house for the 3 of us. We also travel to Maine for 2 weeks in the summer. Also local trips of less than a week. TT/5th is best for us. The tow vehicle is our 2nd vehicle and would be our 2nd vehicle even if we didn't own a camper.

Important considerations for you;
    Are you considering other trips and uses for the rv?
    Cost and storage. both RV and tow vehicle.
    Are you able to stay with your daughter (and park your rv there), or do you need to stay in a campground?

4. Member
    For Travel Trailers check out the Cougar 22MLS and 25MLE.