Engine oil 250 SHO

I’m on year 5 with a SHO. To date each change has been with Yamaha Synthetic. The first 2 times I got oil from my sponsor dealer. He no longer handles Yamaha. The 3 rd year I used another local dealer. 4 th year he’s out too. Now it’s a 140 mile round trip to the nearest.

im considering using either Mobil 1 or T5 Rotella. T4 full synthetic doesn’t come in 10/30.

What are your thoughts on it?

2. Member
    I used this Valvoline full synthetic in my SHO last time. Very reasonably priced for full synthetic and it meets the necessary criteria. My motor hasn’t blown up yet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0C1L...b_b_asin_title

3. Member
    Amsoil

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KYSkipper View Post
    I’m on year 5 with a SHO. To date each change has been with Yamaha Synthetic. The first 2 times I got oil from my sponsor dealer. He no longer handles Yamaha. The 3 rd year I used another local dealer. 4 th year he’s out too. Now it’s a 140 mile round trip to the nearest.

im considering using either Mobil 1 or T5 Rotella. T4 full synthetic doesn’t come in 10/30.

What are your thoughts on it?
    The Yamaha synthetic is 5W-30.
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO

5. Member
    Another vote for Amsoil, been running it for a very long time in my boats, motorcycles, trucks/cars and never experienced any problems.

6. Member
    Simms Yamaha and other places will mail you the oil and filter (Yamaha OEM). Change it yourself.

7. Member
    Partsvu, good prices and free ship, just order two years worth of oil and filter.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigL View Post
    Simms Yamaha and other places will mail you the oil and filter (Yamaha OEM). Change it yourself.

This.^^

Seems so simple

9. Member
    My understanding is Yamaha 4S oils have ingredients to help prevent moisture inside the crankcase from short run times common with outboards. But…do what ya want. Keep in mind, the 150’s now cost more than the 250’s did a couple years ago. One of the reason these boats are price in the 6-figures is the price of a motor is WAY more than just two years ago.

10. Member

Quote Originally Posted by weiglein4 View Post
    This.^^

Seems so simple
    X2

Valvoline 5W-30 Synthetic here.