Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clayshooter View Post
    Sweeping a machine shop until they saw I could do a good job on machines.!
    Same with me. I already was familiar with some manual machines so I only swept for a couple weeks.

2. Member
    In the 60's around 14 started as a pump jockey in a Shell station/garage, at 15 was doing major engine/transmission work, at 16 was building Drag cars and Hot Rod 's. Graduated HS with extra credits from Voc. school in auto tech.

I worked for Stark’s tree co and landscaping starting the summer getting out of 9th grade til after 11th grade. The week I graduated HS, I went to work for Asplundh tree company. From 7th grade to a few years out of school I still had a tobacco crop to tend to also.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

4. Member
    Took care of grass cutting for a lady. Pin setter. Gathered bread items for truck delivery at night. Cleaned a resturant after they closed for the day. Meat cutter apprentice which lead to my lifes work.

5. Member
    Multiple jobs, worked on the family and friends' farms walking beans, bailing hay and other tasks. Also worked at the park behind my house mowing grass, weed eating, emptying garbage cans, installing fence, etc... Worked at the concession stand at the park during baseball games, fed my baseball card habit as I could get boxes of Tops at cost. Also worked for a neighbor that owned his own general contractor business, building garages, additions to homes, etc...

6. Member
    Paper boy and bagger at a grocery store

7. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Grocery store, Cook, then Silk Mill, Lazy Boy before I joined the USAF to end my teenage years.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bcreek View Post
    T.Hill--You made $8.50/hr in 1972 ? I worked at a Sohio gas station in Ohio and made minimum wage of $1.65 and then $2.10, 72 thru 75.
    Life was good . Always remember it’s not what you make it’s what you save. Benifits of growing up in a small town.

9. Member
    Landscape maintenance and fast food until a union job at a grocery store.

10. Member
    In H.S. I worked summers washing dishes. At least it was in a beach town.

Golf course kid. Drove the tractor to clear and retrieve balls on the driving range, washed, parked and charged carts. At least once a month during club tournies we’d have to retrieve a cart or two from the ponds from drunk rowdies! 😂

Workes at the worlds largest cattle auction

13. Member
    So I'm the only one who work at McDonald's? Started at 15, lied and told them I was 16 to get the job but as soon as I got my drivers license on my 16th birthday quit.

I then got a job at Dolgin's warehouse, it was a department store I was at the one in North Kansa City. Most probably never even heard of it.

14. Member
    Hay and tobacco

15. Member
    Commercial fishermen full time from 13- 18 years of age.

16. Member
    Junior and senior year. Work at an automatic transmission shop, learned how to rebuild them.
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

17. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    I work at a pool hall. They had about 7-8 tables that I would rack the balls for and collect money. This was during the 80's arcade boom and they had a few so I was constantly breaking $1 bills for quarters. They also served food but the only thing I ever done at the food counter was get someone a drink or a snack. If they ordered from the grill the owner took care of that. At the end of the night I would vacuum all the pool tables, sweep and mop the floor and collect money from the arcade games. I honestly don't recall my wage but remember it was cash plus a few perks. When working I would get 1 free meal but the best part came at the end of Friday or Saturday night. The owner was one cool dude. After we lock the door and pull the shades he would drink a couple beers while cleaning up and doing the books. Occasionally he would let me have 1 beer. Another perk was on my day off I could play pool for free as long as there more than one table open. If my memory was correct I work there from the time I was 14 or so until 17. The owner divorced and sold out and opened a food catering business. After that I moved onto working at a drugstore delivering prescriptions and medical supplies as well as cleaning the store and doing whatever odd jobs around the drugstore.

18. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I ran a trap line and pumped gas. The trap
    line paid much better. In 1978 made about $500 a week trapping during season and $2.65 a hour pumping gas.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

19. Member
    1966 had a morning paper route, a lot goes on in the early mornings. Couldn't help from being a peeping Tom going from house to house. Summer time kids would sneak out and throw papers with me. My route was about 4 miles away from my home, drive over and pickup the papers and walk the whole neighborhood then drive home. One teenage girl would flash me when collecting for the bill in her house coat, Sunday only 90 cents. Young lady was baby sitting when I came to collect, she said her sister would be back later and wanted to know if we could work something out and bring a friend later that evening. That was a wild night for us, one time shot, had to pay for the beer and a month of papers being just 17 at time. Got a new route in my neighborhood later on, being in the county it was rural that I could throw from the car and also had 1 apartment complex.

20. Member
    Caught chickens in a commercial chicken house a few times but mostly hauled hay and built fence. I still hate all of those

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast