Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Help me decide between these two boats please...

Hey guys
    I currently have a tracker pro team 175 that I totally redid and it is beautiful. However I have started to fish more tournaments on bigger water and the aluminum boat is getting pushed around too much by the wind and of course is very slow with 50 merc. My question is if you were faced with these two choices what would you do?

2004 ProCraft Superpro 192 with 150 merc for $12500 or 2002 Champion 188 with 200 Yamaha for $13000. Both boats/trailers are in great condition and motors check out (Compression) good. Trolling motor and electronics are not an issue as I will transfer my Ultrex and Garmin livescove set up to new boat. I know there are other options in that price range but these are two that I have looked over and will probably decide between... Help a brother out

of those two....the champion hands down!

No comparison...get the Champion.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    Champion for sure.

5. Member
    Champion

6. Member
    Just go buy the Champion and stop thinking about it.

7. Member
    Champion . Story boats are great. If it doesn’t have a composite transom be sure the transom and stringers are good.I can’t remember if Champions were wood or composite in 2002? I had a 2000 Haw which had a wood transom that I had to replace as it rotted on me.

8. Member
    I am not 100% sure what the transom is made of but I looked it over very well and seen no kind of separation and I trimmed the motor up some and all but stood on it and seen zero flex.

9. Member
    Champion all day. Bigger motor, dual axle trailer, and just from looking at it, the hull looks like it would ride better than the Procraft.

10. Member
    Champ for sure. 200 HP motor and a dual axle trailer. Also that red on that pro craft is so gaudy.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

11. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Champion

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

12. Member
    Not even a thought truly. Champ all day long !!

ChampioN hands down

14. Member
    NEXT QUESTION

Ok I think I know what the the popular opinion is..lol...Next question is do you think that is a fair price based on great condition and trolling motor/electronics not in play???

15. Member
    listen to these guys! Champion !

Yep, Champ for sure.

17. Member
    Yes I think that price is fair in today's market. You can try and offer less to see if they take it but if not that is a good deal if in good condition as you have stated.

Have you or are you going to test drive the Champion? Just be sure you understand it is going to be tippy while on the troller but will handle the rough water very well when on the big motor.

18. Member
    I would not sell mine for double that price...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast