Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rid 05 198 View Post
    I would not sell mine for double that price...
    Don’t you have a 2008 21i or something? Not quite apples to apples

Since you're down to just the ProCraft now that makes the decision much easier. It's funny to me how everyone on here says the Champs are great riding hulls, best out there blah blah blah but none of these guys bought one and helped them stay in business. The champ was fugly and narrow up front, no big loss.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Since you're down to just the ProCraft now that makes the decision much easier. It's funny to me how everyone on here says the Champs are great riding hulls, best out there blah blah blah but none of these guys bought one and helped them stay in business. The champ was fugly and narrow up front, no big loss.
    I do think the champ hype is a little overblown. Especially the years with wood transoms.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

4. Member
    Champion > ProCraft all day every day

You shoulda opened up a can.................
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

6. Member
    Well sorry you missed out on the champ. I'm on my third one and couldn't be happier.
    GETFISHED !!!

7. Member
    If I bought a new boat today I would still keep my Champion! I like a bunch of different brands but mine stays here. Looks new and everything works. I would do more looking as I had rather have other brands besides a Procraft.

Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    I would not buy the Procraft. I think they were owned by Tracker Marine by that time. Quality was not all that great.
    I disagree with your statement about the quality not being all that great. In 2005 I sold my 1997 Ranger and bought a new ProCraft Super Pro 200. I can tell you this. Before I bought it climbed over it, under it, around it and I couldn't find the first thing wrong with it. The fit and finish was on par with my Ranger. I will say that the trailer left a bit to be desired. I still miss both of those boats to this day.

Champion, it’s not even a decision.

Champion hands down.

Good luck.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bowen88 View Post
    Hey guys
    I currently have a tracker pro team 175 that I totally redid and it is beautiful. However I have started to fish more tournaments on bigger water and the aluminum boat is getting pushed around too much by the wind and of course is very slow with 50 merc. My question is if you were faced with these two choices what would you do?

2004 ProCraft Superpro 192 with 150 merc for $12500 or 2002 Champion 188 with 200 Yamaha for $13000. Both boats/trailers are in great condition and motors check out (Compression) good. Trolling motor and electronics are not an issue as I will transfer my Ultrex and Garmin livescove set up to new boat. I know there are other options in that price range but these are two that I have looked over and will probably decide between... Help a brother out
    Easy...ChampioN all day long. The 188 is a great boat
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

11. Fishing is a Passion
    The used boat market is swamped. High interest rates and the many choices . Be patient and the correct one will come along in your price range. Now with that said.
    I have a 2002, Pro Craft 200 Super Pro with a 200hp Merc OptiMax and a dual axle trailer. The boat rides well, handles most heavy water and is easy to work on. I love it.
    The ProCraft you are looking at would do better with a 200hp and would do better with a dual axle trailer. Good luck on your search.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    I disagree with your statement about the quality not being all that great. In 2005 I sold my 1997 Ranger and bought a new ProCraft Super Pro 200. I can tell you this. Before I bought it climbed over it, under it, around it and I couldn't find the first thing wrong with it. The fit and finish was on par with my Ranger. I will say that the trailer left a bit to be desired. I still miss both of those boats to this day.

Nice looking rig

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post

I have to agree...I had a 2005 SuperPro with a 200 Merc. Great riding boat to me - Very easy to fish/guide out of. Had it for 7 years and never had a problem with either boat/motor.
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

14. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Hey guys
    I currently have a tracker pro team 175 that I totally redid and it is beautiful. However I have started to fish more tournaments on bigger water and the aluminum boat is getting pushed around too much by the wind and of course is very slow with 50 merc. My question is if you were faced with these two choices what would you do?

2004 ProCraft Superpro 192 with 150 merc for $12500 or 2002 Champion 188 with 200 Yamaha for $13000. Both boats/trailers are in great condition and motors check out (Compression) good. Trolling motor and electronics are not an issue as I will transfer my Ultrex and Garmin livescove set up to new boat. I know there are other options in that price range but these are two that I have looked over and will probably decide between... Help a brother out
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Champion has a better reputation than Pro Craft when it comes to fit, finish and ride quality. I have nothing bad to say about Pro Craft but honestly Champion is the best choice of the two. The one thing that would swing me would be if the Champion was rode hard and put up wet and the Pro Craft was a garage queen. If treatment was equal and then it’s still Champion.
    After all that the guy went and sold the champion out from under me...Makes me wanna stick a jerkbait up blah blah ....Now I ask is the procraft a good boat and worth the $12500....
    Last night when I made my reply I was looking on my cell phone and could not get a good look at the pictures. Now that I'm on my home PC I can see them very well. My opinion is still the same. At no point did I say the Pro craft was an inferior product I just though between the two choices the Champion was the better option. Since the Champion is no longer a option I'll go more in depth on the Pro Craft. That boat looks like a garage queen in the pictures. The only red flag I see is it appears there is no carpet in the floorboard. I would definitely not want to be trying to stand up on wet fiberglass but that's something that can be fixed. You already said you have electronics and trolling motor to upgrade. From the pictures it looks good. I honestly don't know about the price. I have not bought a boat in 22 years. Granted I do know a little about pricing but not enough to say that is way overprice or fair value. The only thing I would add that would sway me away is the motor BUT ONLY if you do a lot of running. The XR6 is arguably one of the most bullet proof carbureted motors Mercury ever made. However they have two faults. One is they like to drink a lot of gas. The other is they can be a little temperamental on cold starts. However once you learn the starting procedure (yes there is a procedure to get them to fire on cold mornings) they fire up within a few seconds. So if your a casual recreational fisherman who doesn't run long distances on the water the XR6 is not an issue. If you like to make 20, 30 or more mile long runs or your a run and gun fisherman a carbureted motor is going to get into your wallet. That's my IMO breakdown of the Pro Craft. In all honestly the boat fits my style and needs. I would be interested in that boat for myself if I was looking to buy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234