Thread: 12/7 report

12/7 report

Took the day off of work with the nice weather! Decided to give Anita a try. The docks are out, but it still isn’t bad at the back ramp. There’s skim ice at the front ramp anyway. Started at first Light. Wt 38-39* I grafted for the first 1/2hr trying to find some bigger fish. Found a starting spot and lost one in a bush right away. Stayed with it till 12:30 and only had 1 bass caught. Desided to move to the best jerkbait lake I know of when the water is this cold. This was a good decision got 12 there…. Very nice day to fish!! I don’t think I will fish Saturday??? With the water this cold it’s just not worth it right now….. I’ll see I but I need to get some firewood cut and split as well.

2. Member
    Great that you southern boys are still getting out there!

3. Member
    It is fun to still be out! But I’m about ready to hang it up till spring…. I can see fish swim to my jerkbait but they just don’t bite Lol.
    that water is 38-40* there not biting much. I’ll do a little ice fishing once it gets really safe probably. How about you do you ice fish?

4. Member
    Nope. No i e fishing for me. I’m currently done until spring. Unless I get a wild hair and hit up a trout stream. I usually go ice out to ice up. The boat is put away and I’m currently going through the boat cleaning everything out

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Totally absurd that you guys are fishing in December, Iowa has turned into the tropics! Impressive I must say!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Totally absurd that you guys are fishing in December, Iowa has turned into the tropics! Impressive I must say!
    I don’t know about the tropics LOL. Very windy today and snow flurries. First Saturday I did not go fishing all fall it feels like… The cold water but mainly the 30mph winds today kept me home. I did get a truck load of wood cut and split/stacked. Really missing college football though :-(