Lowrance AT Install Z520C

I'm finally joining the FFS crowd and have a AT setup from RMP coming. Looking for ideas where those with 520C's installed the box and how they did the power connections. I'm thinking either the starboard rod locker or back wall of the day box for the controller and connecting the yellow trigger wire to A1 on the panel. As for main power, I plan to tie in under the console. How you attached the transducer cable to the TM (Ghost) shaft would be helpful also. Plan to install over Christmas break and any what worked well/what you would differently ideas would be appreciated. TIA
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

2. Member
    You can call “Hawg” [Justin] at Russell Marine for his input. They do tons of electronics installations on all makes and models and have been more than willing to advise when I have called them with similar questions.

3. Member
    I installed my black box in the front bow plate in my 18 520L. Not sure if the C has the same setup, but it is a great spot. Power right there too.
    2018 Z520L 50th Anniversary - 250 Pro XS 2-Stroke SN - 2B527745 / Reman Powerhead Built 8/2021 SN - QSCS00380OS0

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bwizard View Post
    I installed my black box in the front bow plate in my 18 520L. Not sure if the C has the same setup, but it is a great spot. Power right there too.
    Did the same on my 520c and tapped power from the acc button on the bow.

5. Member
    mine in in the main console plenty of room
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    Curious what you fastened the box too. For power, you used the terminal strip behind the bow plate?

7. Member
    Yes on the bow terminal plate. Heavy duty zip ties to the rod tubes for the black box.

8. Member
    I also zip tied the black box to the rod tubes. Went with the Sea Clear wire harness for power to the AT and two HDS lives.
    2018 Z520L 50th Anniversary - 250 Pro XS 2-Stroke SN - 2B527745 / Reman Powerhead Built 8/2021 SN - QSCS00380OS0

I also zip tied the black box to the rod tubes. Went with the Sea Clear wire harness for power to the AT and two HDS lives.
    i did the same on my 521. Also ran dedicated wiring. It’s been 3 years no problems

Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    Curious what you fastened the box too. For power, you used the terminal strip behind the bow plate?
    Mines the same Bob…zip tied to the rod tubes…I’m wired right to the bow bus (terminal strip) and have great images and no interference. It’s very secure and super easy. No digging through foam or cutting any glass. Probably not a clean enough install for some guys…but it works.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Mines the same Bob…zip tied to the rod tubes…I’m wired right to the bow bus (terminal strip) and have great images and no interference. It’s very secure and super easy. No digging through foam or cutting any glass. Probably not a clean enough install for some guys…but it works.
    Thanks Dean.....and others. Alot of great info shared and it's very much appreciated!

I installed my control unit in the space between the day box and the console. I removed the Structure Scan box used for the the old Gen 2 units and installed the AT box in it's place. Ethernet was already in place and so were the power leads.
    I do however plan to wire them up with a dedicated harness with fuse box.

Steel City Bassmasters - Granite City, Illinois

13. Member
    Where did you connect power to the AT and NMEA? Off the console wire (Sea Clear)? Or the bow wire? Gonna install a harness in an R boat, and wondering which location would be easiest...console wire makes sense, but don't have the boat to look at.