Gas anyone went from a 1022 to an Ultra 126sv for LVS34?

Besides the 2" more of screen did you notice any other benefits? It will be a 100% dedicated LVS34 unit. Thanks

2. Member
    Just finished doing exactly that an hour ago. Going out tomorrow and will report back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I tried to go from a Touch to the 1242xsv but didnt like the manual control and it only took me 2 hrs, to box it up and return......i'm used to touch screens so that's what i want......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Thompson View Post
    Just finished doing exactly that an hour ago. Going out tomorrow and will report back.
    Locks on a Garmin ???
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    Locks on a Garmin ???
    Just the cradle. I have a soft case that the head unit fits in for transport. Probably put two locks on the Helix now.

6. Member
    As to the OP, I'm very happy I did the upgrade. The screen seems huge compared to the 1022. The touch screen will take a bit of getting used to but it's really nice also. I have yet to do an update or any other adjustments but I could really see the difference today with the 34. Definitely a clearer picture and there was a huge difference in seeing the bait as it fell and the fish really show up nicely. In a nutshell, I was perfectly happy with the 1022/32 but I'm really glad I pulled the trigger on this one.

It's funny how we all are different. I went from (2) Echomap Ultras 122sv's to a Humminbird Helix 12 SI G4 at the console( so tired of Garmin's SI/DI) and a Garmin GpsMap 1222 at the bow with LVS34. Both button sets. I hope Garmin & HB continue to make these. Saving money by not having to buy so many micro fiber cloths.

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnieG View Post
    Saving money by not having to buy so many micro fiber cloths.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnieG View Post
    It's funny how we all are different. I went from (2) Echomap Ultras 122sv's to a Humminbird Helix 12 SI G4 at the console( so tired of Garmin's SI/DI) and a Garmin GpsMap 1222 at the bow with LVS34. Both button sets. I hope Garmin & HB continue to make these. Saving money by not having to buy so many micro fiber cloths.
    Yup, for a livescope only unit I really prefer the knobs. Now the 1222 next to it that I have for mainly mapping, I wish it was a touchscreen unit. But for livescope only it's great leaving the quick adjustment on depth, and just cranking the knob to get it dialed in quick.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Thanks everyone. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 12-06-2023 at 10:53 PM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Thanks everyone. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one.
    I think you'll like it, just for the screen size gain alone. Just curious what units do you run at the console?

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    I think you'll like it, just for the screen size gain alone. Just curious what units do you run at the console?

I just run a single HB Helix 12 at console and then another Helix 12MDI at bow for sonar and Mega360. I had the 1022 dedicated for LVS32 but I upgraded to LVS34 and am now adding tge 126. I doubt I use the Garmin ducer as the unit will be dedicated LVS.

I'm pretty well a HB fan for everything else. I doubt I ever add a second unit to console.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I just run a single HB Helix 12 at console and then another Helix 12MDI at bow for sonar and Mega360. I had the 1022 dedicated for LVS32 but I upgraded to LVS34 and am now adding tge 126. I doubt I use the Garmin ducer as the unit will be dedicated LVS.

I'm pretty well a HB fan for everything else. I doubt I ever add a second unit to console.
    I didn't have very much luck with the HB units that came in my boat, but I totally understand sticking with them if you have it dialed and are a fan. Plus the mapping is great for certain lakes.

I'm with you on a simple layout. I think if I was starting from scratch on a boat today I'd go with a single garmin 12 at the console connected to an NBT 22" up front. I have 2 9's at the console now and while it works ok having the SI split left and right between units, one 12 would be simpler and less to fuss around with.