X19 trolling motor swap

I'm buying a new X19 pro with a Ultrex on it. I'm going to be putting a PP Move on it (I haven't picked the boat up yet). My question is, how do you get to the nuts on the bottom side? I haven't seen any pictures that shows any kind of access point? Appreciate any help
    Last edited by Koma; 12-03-2023 at 11:48 AM.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

2. Member
    I commented on your FB post but my new X21 did not have nuts on the bolts, the bolts were screwed into pressed in style threaded inserts.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

They use riv-nuts. When I changed mine to the ghost, I had a couple spin and I had to gain access by enlarging the hole underneath the front panel. My ghost has proper bolts, nuts and washers now. I used a 4 inch grinder and a cutting wheel to enlarge the hole and a sanding wheel to smooth it out.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    I commented on your FB post but my new X21 did not have nuts on the bolts, the bolts were screwed into pressed in style threaded inserts.

Yes sir, I appreciate the response. Just trying to get as many suggestions as I can to see what my options are. Thank you
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Koma View Post
    Yes sir, I appreciate the response. Just trying to get as many suggestions as I can to see what my options are. Thank you
    The bolts are long enough to add nuts below the riv-nuts if you wanted the redundancy.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

I made a plate with welded nuts on it, put some epoxy on it then tightened it down. If I remove my trolling motor the plate stays in place. On my 2001 model the front panel comes off and the access area is pretty large.

I got to mine from the recessed TM tray hole
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

8. Member
    I'm picking it up Friday so I'll get into it Saturday and see what I have to work with. I don't know where I saw it but I came across a pic that showed the TM pedal out of the recess and it looked like it was welded in and the plastic piece that holds the trim switch didn't have much of a hole so I was scratching my head a little

Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    The bolts are long enough to add nuts below the riv-nuts if you wanted the redundancy.
    yeah helps with two people use big flat washers if possible.
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs

10. Member
    South of Baton Rouge but North of Plaquemine, LA
    When I still had my Xpress I had issues with the factory riv-nuts spinning when trying to remove the trolling motor. I replaced them with stainless steel Snaptoggle style anchors. Much better than the riv-nuts. They are pricy though.

11. Member
    I got it swapped out with bolts big washers and nylocks. I was able to pull the plastic panel off the front and reach in there to get to all but 2, I had my wife get those 2 for me. I appreciate all the help!