Thread: 12/2 report

12/2 report

Wasn’t as cold this morning so that was good. Got a good start in the morning on the water. Found where all the bait fish were and started fishing. Noticed right away the water temp 39* :-( Found some nicer bass on active target and through the JB at them, noticed right away they saw it and slowly came to look at it but no takers… hmm with the water so cold I had to add some lead wire to the bait to get it to do what I wanted. Tried 4-5 different JB different sizes but same results they just didn’t want it. Started moving around and did get a few small ones on the jig and blade bait. Finally got a few on the JB over the top of some brush piles. Almost had to let the bait sink into the brush before they would bite. Not really what I like to do with how expensive JB are… probably got 8 total but nothing over 2lb. Still fun to be out but my season with the boat is getting close to being done. I’m sure ice is only a few weeks away.

2. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Gotta say I admire your drive and ambitions for getting out there. I tucked my boat away three weeks ago. With the poor shape of our lakes around here and how they've been fishing the last few years I may not even purchase a NE permit next year. May just run into you in IA

3. Member
    I really look forward to fishing on my Saturday mornings. I also have had pretty good luck until the water gets into the 30’s.
    Sw Iowa really has some nice lakes our DNR does a good job I think.

4. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I’m still trying. Going to be almost 60 this week
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP