Daiwa Tatula sv 70

Anyone have any experience with this reel? If so is there legitimately enough line to toss a jerkbait a pretty good distance or should I stick with the sv103 for line capacity?

-thanks

2. Member
    Depending on your line diameter, I think a thinner 10 lb fluoro will be fine. Otherwise the 80 is also available with a bit more line capacity and essentially the same performance.

3. Member
    I have a 70sv and run 8lb sun line sniper for jerkbait. It will hold plenty of line in my opinion.(I don’t even have the spool supper full) It is not the farthest casting reel, But for me it works very well. I fish with heavy gloves on a lot and it works great. Doesn’t fluff the line.

4. Member
    I have a 70sv mounted on a Tatula Elite 6'-9" jerkbait rod, and put 15lb J-Braid on it. I run about a 4 foot leader tied with an Alberto knot. Before I upgraded to the 70sv I was running a Tatula CT100 on the same rod. I can cast further with the 70sv than I could with the CT100 by a good 30%. I don't know how much further you could physically cast a jerkbait, but the 70sv does a fantastic job for me, and significantly less backlashes casting into the wind. Very impressed with that reel for jerkin.

5. Member
    Great reel. I bought one along with a Curado 70 MGL for my wife, just sold the Curado this week and I am die hard Shimano.

6. Member
    Yeah I've got a couple of them. Plenty of capacity for 10lb flouro. I use mine for finesse (1/4oz) football heads and can bomb them.

I agree, the Tatula 70 SV TW is a rocket launcher of a little reel. It doesn't have the slightly over braked feel some of the older original SV models had. There is no problem with line capacity for fishing jerk baits. I have one set up with heavier FC that I used skipping quite a bit just to see how it would handle those duties. It's a solid, very impressive reel in a small package.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    I agree, the Tatula 70 SV TW is a rocket launcher of a little reel. It doesn't have the slightly over braked feel some of the older original SV models had. There is no problem with line capacity for fishing jerk baits. I have one set up with heavier FC that I used skipping quite a bit just to see how it would handle those duties. It's a solid, very impressive reel in a small package.
    Does the 70 have a dual supported pinion gear? Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by a1712 View Post
    Does the 70 have a dual supported pinion gear? Brian.
    I haven't opened mine up, but according to the schematics, it certainly appears so.