Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

NCAA Playoff Ranking

Wow - is this rankings show just bad or what.

I am so happy this is the last year of the made for TV ESPN Invitational.

Next year simple, win your conference and you’re in plus 6 at large teams which will still have that same BS selection process, but it’s better than what we have now.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

2. Member
    It would have been an epic 12 team playoff this year with all the 1 loss teams There would of likely still been a very good team snubbed.

Boo talks for 10 minutes and basically say nothing, just keep repeating "we looked at all the factors..." Might be one of the worst CFP chairman/spokesman yet. Can't formulate an credible answer to several very pertinent questions such as why MI and not GA at no 1, Why the hell is FSU int he top 4, why OSU only dropped to 6 ahead of both TX and AL, etc...

4. Member
    This is the end of any semblance to tradition. Next year many teams that don’t deserve to wash the jocks of the top teams will be in.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    This is the end of any semblance to tradition. Next year many teams that don’t deserve to wash the jocks of the top teams will be in.
    How you figure and what traditions other than crappy bowls that everyone sits out is changing

6. Member
    Everybody tune in to the SEC championship this Saturday. It will be the real National Championship game. The one that won't happen because they feel the need to push different conferences and regions instead of putting the four best teams in. Id much rather see Michigan, Georgia, Ohio State and Alabama. At least the games would be fairly competitive instead of the beatdown that's coming if Washington or Florida State gets in. Maybe Oregon will take care of Washington and can be half way competitive.

How elitist is that statement.

This format is worse than the old BCS.

What is wrong with guaranteed births into a try playoff based on winning in regular season?

Sure there will be blowouts, but there are now too.
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g2072 View Post
    Everybody tune in to the SEC championship this Saturday. It will be the real National Championship game. The one that won't happen because they feel the need to push different conferences and regions instead of putting the four best teams in. Id much rather see Michigan, Georgia, Ohio State and Alabama. At least the games would be fairly competitive instead of the beatdown that's coming if Washington or Florida State gets in. Maybe Oregon will take care of Washington and can be half way competitive.
    34-24

First off, Alabama got lucky against Auburn, who should have not even been close. Secondly, BC had FSU beat but the penalties killed them and FSU prevailed. There's not doubt in my mind that Michigan will be #1. OSU and Georgia will be a toss up and Oregon I would put 4th despite the earlier loss to Wash. The only reason Oregon is there is their powerful offense. Can Mich, OSU or Georgia's defense stop their offense?
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

10. Member
    Final should be MI & GA but we'll see.

Any system that does not match my opinion is flawed...

I've been a proponent for an expanded playoff picture from the beginning. But when you really sit down and think about it, it's going to really make a lot of current big time, non-conference games meaningless. Look at Michigan vs OSU every year, "The Game". Next year there won't be divisions in the Big 10, so you can basically expect Michigan vs OSU in the championship, one week after they just played each other. Will one of them be better off losing the first game and winning the second one so they can declare "Conference Champions"? Are they going to call it "The Second Game"?

Look at Texas vs Bama this year. That game basically doesn't matter with an expanded playoff field. Same with USC/Notre Dame, etc. These games have to mean something.

FWIW, the only deserving teams this year are UGA, Michigan, Oregon, Washington, Texas, FSU, possibly OSU.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    I've been a proponent for an expanded playoff picture from the beginning. But when you really sit down and think about it, it's going to really make a lot of current big time, non-conference games meaningless. Look at Michigan vs OSU every year, "The Game". Next year there won't be divisions in the Big 10, so you can basically expect Michigan vs OSU in the championship, one week after they just played each other. Will one of them be better off losing the first game and winning the second one so they can declare "Conference Champions"? Are they going to call it "The Second Game"?

Look at Texas vs Bama this year. That game basically doesn't matter with an expanded playoff field. Same with USC/Notre Dame, etc. These games have to mean something.

FWIW, the only deserving teams this year are UGA, Michigan, Oregon, Washington, Texas, FSU, possibly OSU.

I agree with you 100%, but what I like about the expanded playoff is that it removes more subjectivity from the equation. That is a good thing.
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    I agree with you 100%, but what I like about the expanded playoff is that it removes more subjectivity from the equation. That is a good thing.
    It is, but on the other side of that - I'd look at Bama and say if you want to get in then don't lose to Texas and there's no debate! Same thing with Texas - don't lose to OU and there's no debate! I think that's what makes it fun and interesting.

If they want to expand then it needs to be no more than 8 teams. Let's be honest, there's never been a year that I can recall where ANY team outside the top 8 (I'd even say the top 6) deserves a shot to play in the playoffs. Eight teams would end the subjectivity and still make most of the regular season games relevant.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Bama got lucky vs a 3-2 in conference 6-5 overall team...... and lose to Texas. other than hype they should be out of the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    It is, but on the other side of that - I'd look at Bama and say if you want to get in then don't lose to Texas and there's no debate! Same thing with Texas - don't lose to OU and there's no debate! I think that's what makes it fun and interesting.

If they want to expand then it needs to be no more than 8 teams. Let's be honest, there's never been a year that I can recall where ANY team outside the top 8 (I'd even say the top 6) deserves a shot to play in the playoffs. Eight teams would end the subjectivity and still make most of the regular season games relevant.
    8 would be great - 6 conference champions & 2 at large.
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    8 would be great - 6 conference champions & 2 at large.
    Pac 12 will be gone at the end of this year, which would leave 4 conference champions and 4 at large.

Still much better than the 12-team playoff. Judging by current rankings Oklahoma would be in. They lost to Kansas. Lose to Kansas and you don't deserve the CFB Playoff in my opinion.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

17. Member
    Playoffs at EVERY other sport and every other level…but it’s bad for 1A football…ok

Quote Originally Posted by HawkDriver View Post
    Playoffs at EVERY other sport and every other level…but it’s bad for 1A football…ok
    Every other college sport has 2-3 times as many games as college football, so there's more room for error. That's an apples and oranges comparison.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

19. Member
    I saw one bracket that if we had 12 teams today it would have Tulane in. That is a waste and flawed.
    ________
    $8

20. Member
    So you are going to miss empty stadiums with bowl games pitting a 5-7 team versus a 6-6 team? Maybe you miss the good ole days when they voted for the National Title instead of played for it like HS, D-I FCS, D-II, D-III, NFL, every other sport? How about the BCS where we let computers help determine the 'most deserving' team combined with the good ol' fashioned and unflappable 'eye test'.

If the 'many teams that don’t deserve to wash the jocks of the top teams' get in, that shouldn't be an issue for the top teams as they will just need to take care of business. And by my math, most of those 'many teams' should be in the Top 12 or close (depending on conference championships)... A few more games pitting Top 12ish teams seems like the kind of tradition I'd prefer versus the current meaningless bowl games.
    Last edited by BassDaggett; 11-29-2023 at 08:23 AM.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast