Thread: New Vexus model

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Looks a lot better than the first version. Way better without the toilet rails. Would look better without the Autozone stick on looking vents on side.
    I’m with you 110%.

However, I’ll never spend that kind of money on a bass boat so

2. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by rednecktech View Post
    Yall see it don't ya? No carpet in that boat. That's what I'm talkin about. New boat....new flooring, not the same ole hard to clean, hard to dry carpet.
    CARPET SUCKS! I'm also glad to see a new high dollar bass boat come with something other than carpet. What really sold me on Seadek and similar products is how fast it dried after spearing a wave and completely soaking the inside of the boat. That said, Scott Rook was out there that day too in his big Vexus and doubt he had any issues in that big ass boat, lol.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

3. Member
    I’ve liked the Vexus from the first day they came out, my wallet tells me no though

i run a caymas cx21 little cheaper and he’ll of a boat

4. Derek McCullough
    I like it. Same hull and different top cap? Would love to know more, especially if it is any faster than the original models.

Sharp rig. Have liked Vexus looks since it came out. I’d probably order without the rails.

Quote Originally Posted by derek81 View Post
    I like it. Same hull and different top cap? Would love to know more, especially if it is any faster than the original models.
    Solely based on the pics here, I’d say it’s a different hull (not as deep) with the same/similar top cap.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

7. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CK11 View Post
    If the center of the steering wheel is the new info/data cluster then that would be pretty innovative. It looks like a screen to me.
    https://www.facebook.com/syntecindus...0?locale=pt_PT

8. Member
    Pretty neat but I'm sure expensive to replace/ fix when issues arise like co-angler smacking it with a jig! Will need a screen protector for it I'm guessing.

Does it have issues with glare? Can brightness be controlled during night time use?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Pretty neat but I'm sure expensive to replace/ fix when issues arise like co-angler smacking it with a jig! Will need a screen protector for it I'm guessing.

Does it have issues with glare? Can brightness be controlled during night time use?
    That looks awful! Watching the video you can see the screen rotation is much slower than the wheel rotation. If you need to use the touch screen while turning you will most likely miss the button you were trying to press. Just because it looks cool doesn't mean it is a good idea.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tommoorehouse View Post
    That looks awful! Watching the video you can see the screen rotation is much slower than the wheel rotation. If you need to use the touch screen while turning you will most likely miss the button you were trying to press. Just because it looks cool doesn't mean it is a good idea.
    Don't know enough about it yet to make that kind of decision. Maybe the rotation speed can be adjusted/ calibrated to your liking, who knows?

11. #FRB
    is it just me or does that screen in the wheel look like a really ugly dog dish hubcap? Looks dorky to me.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

12. Member
    I love to see innovation. Obviously this has been used in the wake board industry so you know it works.
    in my mind a fisherman would have the display set to show what he wants as opposed to making changes on the fly.

As for hitting it with a jig, yeah I guess that “could happen” but that location would be a 1 in a million shot

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post
    I love to see innovation. Obviously this has been used in the wake board industry so you know it works.
    in my mind a fisherman would have the display set to show what he wants as opposed to making changes on the fly.

As for hitting it with a jig, yeah I guess that “could happen” but that location would be a 1 in a million shot
    Well they saying goes if it can happen it eventually will happen. Seen guys get their 10-12" screens at the console damaged before the screen protectors came about. Or you could just scratch it up with anything metal on your person while operating the boat.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    is it just me or does that screen in the wheel look like a really ugly dog dish hubcap? Looks dorky to me.
    It's not just you. I wouldn't want it.

One more unnecessary thing that will break. There’s Enough trouble keeping keypads working.

16. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by champ223 View Post
    One more unnecessary thing that will break. There’s Enough trouble keeping keypads working.
    There's something to be said about solid state gauges and switches. Old tech but works great and when they do fail they're usually fairly cheap and easy to replace.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

17. Member
    Looks way better ! never liked the obese look of the older models !

18. Member
    I would be telling a big old fat whooper of a lie if I said it was not freaking gorgeous to me and I would be telling an even bigger whooper if I said I could afford it.
    "Now beaver you are truckin' with the Rubber Duck and I'm about to pull the plug on your drain"

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 354vZuk140 View Post
    I would be telling a big old fat whooper of a lie if I said it was not freaking gorgeous to me and I would be telling an even bigger whooper if I said I could afford it.
    boats and horses both VERY pricey hobbies?
    Last edited by mactlman; 12-03-2023 at 09:34 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

20. Member
    Trailer looks to long for that boat...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast