BASS ADDICT

Line through blank

Evening all, Does anyone know if they stiil make a blank that the fishing line runs through the blank? Any help would be greatly apprciated.

I don't believe so since the Diaws inner line. I loved that rod until it broke. Really sensitive rod.
    22 Triton TRX20 22 Pro XS 250
    16 Triton 1760sc 16 Merc 75hp

3. Member
    I haven't seen any blanks, but Sea Guide last I looked still made the hardware so someone must be doing them. they had some kind of coil on the inside of the blank to decrease friction and obviously the tip had to be built large enough to pass the line and special threader that came with the rod so you could thread the line through the rod. lose the threader and you are toast.

4. Member
    I had a Japanese guiding client in the late 90's who had 3- all different actions and length. Strange looking rods for sure. Did did feel VERY sensitive. They were also a tad heavier than you would expect, as well.
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

5. BASS ADDICT
    Thank you all for your responses. Love to have one for crappie fishing.

6. Member
    I googled it and it looks like Daiwa still makes some for saltwater that are available from Japan.

7. Member
    I have two. And an Erhardt rod. I buy and sell rods, new and used, and I buy oddball ones. I do consider these oddball examples.

8. Member
    Cabela's made some at one point as well

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I have two. And an Erhardt rod. I buy and sell rods, new and used, and I buy oddball ones. I do consider these oddball examples.
    Erhardt made an interline rod? Or are you just talking about a spiral wrap being oddball?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    Erhardt made an interline rod? Or are you just talking about a spiral wrap being oddball?
    The spiral guides.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fador View Post
    Evening all, Does anyone know if they stiil make a blank that the fishing line runs through the blank? Any help would be greatly apprciated.
    As others have said, Daiwa and Cabelas are the ones I was familiar with, I actually had one of the Daiwas. Very sensitive and a good concept, however, I think the big negative was being able to easily clean out any debris, etc., that got inside the blank.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    The spiral guides.
    Ok...then I've got about 40 oddball rods

I have one in the garage. Prob from the 90's-2000's. Maybee like a 6' medium casting rod. Forgot what brand. I could check if anyone is really interested.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    Ok...then I've got about 40 oddball rods

LOL. Not criticising, just noting a (radical) (radial) departure from standard.

15. Member
    Nothing oddball about spiral wrapped rods, read about them in a fishing book published in 1908, Gary Loomis spiral wrapped some of his rods back when he founded LCI Composites, before stating G Loomis, he spiral wraps Edge Rods now. Less guides needed, fewer guides, especially at the tip means better balance, better resonse (snap) and sensitivity, the rod is always stable and torque free while fighting a fish, no torque means the rod isn't also continually trying to twist out of your hands and the reel can't flop from the upright position without literally forcing it to do so, release it and it will return upright by itself. One less thing to fight when fishing alone, lipping or tailing fish, etc. No lose in casting performance. Run your line through every other guide or just the tip top and flex it, where did the line go? Now explain to me what is most natural and correct. You don't need any guides on the side unless you want to put them there.

16. Member
    I have about 150 rods. I have one Erhardt rod. Only one I have ever had my hands on so I bought it. One of 150 is slim odds. I don't use it, it's on the shelf with the two through-the-blank rods.