Ultrex length 200 elite

I have a 07 200 elite and I am looking to replace the trolling motor with the new ultrex quest. I don’t fish a lot of big water normally. I am trying to decide on 45” or 52” shaft length. Currently I have a 52” terrova and when head is all the way down the mid point of motor is about 28” deep. Also water line to bottom of current trolling motor mount is 20”.

Appreciate any input on shaft length.

2. Member
    45" is all I needed....

3. Member
    52” shaft is what I installed on my 200 Elite but I wanted extra shaft for bigger water. You can definitely get by with a 45” shaft.

my 2007 210 has a 45" shaft. Works about 95% of the time. It does come out of the water when big swells come in.

5. Member
    When stowed with the 52” does the head stick far out past the side of the boat?

6. Member
    Yes

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSharky00 View Post
    my 2007 210 has a 45" shaft. Works about 95% of the time. It does come out of the water when big swells come in.
    Yes, a 52” will stick over the side of the boat, definitely more than the 45”.

Another thing to consider is your current boat cover. If you change sizes, then you will probably need to get the cover adjusted to fit properly. If you already have a 52” today, then you might get lucky and the 45” fit fairly snug.

8. Member
    I will also add another disadvantage to the longer shaft. If you are docked in a covered boat stall, you need to be careful when backing out. It is easy to hook a post with the TM head sticking out. Been there and done that.