2016 ZX replacement seats

So, the seats in my 2016 are starting to show some wear and stitching issues - would like to replace them, but really don't want to bust out a grand on seats. I really like the newer Skeeter seats with the grab handles, but I suspect they are probably very costly, and may not even fit correctly.

Any suggestions on decent seats that can bolt in place of the '16 ZX seats? Is there a standard mounting pattern, or are they all different?

2. Member
    You might check with llebroc. I think I have seen people put them in Skeeters before.

https://www.llebroc.com

Quote Originally Posted by okskeetertzx190 View Post
    You might check with llebroc. I think I have seen people put them in Skeeters before.

https://www.llebroc.com
    Thanks, yeah have been looking on the site... some seem to fall into that $1000 and up range, which I was hoping to avoid :)... Wish they had some way to compare them all - so many models to choose from. It's like me on the cereal isle, I can go comatose from all the dang choices. I liked it back in the Navy when you had maybe 2 or 3 to choose from - much simpler lol.

I notice they offer the Champion logo, but no others. Would be nice to get Skeeter logo on a set of seats, but I guess the only way to do that is go with oem seats.

4. Member
    Good ones are going to be a little above $1k. Quality re-upholstery will cost the same, but not all upholsterers have the same skill level. In my opinion, the factory replacements is the way to go.

I am going to run by my local marine fabric/cover shop, and see if maybe they can fix up the stitching in the current seats somehow... They've done some cover work for me before and did a great job. Worst case they say can't do anything about it, then I'll have to make that replacement decision.

6. Member
    Let me know what you come up with, my stitching is getting shabby as well!

7. Member
    I have the Llebroc TZX seats on a TZX skeeter. They are a PERFECT fit. Very well made. They cost a little more, but the build quality is second to none. Well worth the money. 70078123710__2DF73EED-676D-42CE-B4A4-EF0BA0B411D4.jpeg
    70070028891__A3340077-4A1A-4119-A2F8-F1E118763DB7.jpeg
    70078558090__0B4B3BFC-7D70-4E0E-8A34-30371EBB82F5.jpeg

Bringing this back up... I talked to Skeeter, they no longer have skins or seats available. So am talking to a local uphostery repair shop, but at also looking at possibly just replacing them as an option also. Does anyone have any experience with BassBoatSeats.com - I've seen them mentioned a few times. They are quite a bit less than the lebroc TZX seats, about half as much actually. but not sure which model would fit the Skeeter ZX. Or if the Lebroc TZX would fit.

https://www.bassboatseats.com/collec...t-bucket-seats
    Last edited by 78Staff; 03-12-2024 at 06:51 PM.

Found a set Skeeter replacement skins, so going that route. Thanks to Steve at Smith Boat Sales for hooking me up. They have all sorts of Skeeter parts so if you are looking for a part for your skeeter be sure to give him a call...

Smith Boat Sales

10. Member
    The Llebrocs are now a year old in my boat and still look new. You get what you pay for.
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Found a set Skeeter replacement skins, so going that route. Thanks to Steve at Smith Boat Sales for hooking me up. They have all sorts of Skeeter parts so if you are looking for a part for your skeeter be sure to give him a call...

Smith Boat Sales
    Smith boats is a great place(dude). He got me a Skeeter trailer for my boat. He does have a lot of hard to find parts.

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post

Smith Boat Sales
    Phase one complete... what a mess lol. That velcro was stout! Dropped seats off at the upholstery shop, should get them back next week.

So this weekend is just boat project time I guess. Pulled off my Ghost TM to send to a Lowrance Auth Service Center for some issues, and had neighbor with bobcat help level out my boat parking area. Getting 5T of gravel delievered hopefully later this week or next week.

Let's see, there was something else I was going to do... oh yeah, ripping out AT2 and installing LVS-34 with Garmin head unit and new BBT hood mount

Probably try to squeeze in my 100 hour this weekend as well... Its a few hours early, but since I ain't fishing, figure it's a good time to knock it out.

Also have a slow leak in one of my trailer tires :(. I suspect I ran over a nail or screw or something last weekend. So need to get that up to the tire shop so they can fix it up.

Busy weekend coming I reckon lol.

Seats finally done... took a bit longer than expected, but picked them up today and just got done re-installing them. I'll be honest, I think putting them back in was harder than taking them out. Getting the back/headrest bar, backplate, and existing holes all lined up was quite the trick. In fact, on one of the seats I see where the factory just plain missed the slot for the backrest screws and created a new hole in the backplate :(. Just more of that award winning Skeeter Quality I guess. So I got that sorted out as well when I re-installed them.

Obligatory pics - these are acutally skins from a '17...or maybe it was a '19 - can't recall. But all the ZX/FX seats were the same base, just different fabrics/patterns bascially until they changed to that version with the built in handles. Upholster said the wrinkles will work out after a few days use and being in the sun. Hope so, but even so much better than the original 2016 seats, which were starting to come apart at the seams in several places... I acutally think this color combo works better than the old black/gray/red seats tbh...

And just a shameless plug, I have the center cushion and backrest available in the for sale section, since I no longer have the ZX cooler lid setup...
    https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1254722

14. Member
    Looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen View Post
    Looks great!
    Thanks, more money than I really wanted to spend, but I am happy with the results.

Had them out on the water today... oddly, they seem... bigger. not sure why - same seats/foam, just new skins. but the front seems like it sticks out more. I notice it when I am gettin up from the drivers seat. I mean, they work fine of course and look awesome.