Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

23.3 for AT1 (Dated Nov 13, 2023)

Whats the consensus? Is the 23.3 update stable for AT1? I still have the original software before Lowrance put out the mess. Looking to hear from folks who have tried it.
    David
    2014 Ranger Z521C
    Fishing Lanier, Hartwell, Tennessee River & Coosa River

2. Member
    Updated newest version and used 9 hrs sat and 6 today and not once froze up like had been doing.

I had ran the .26 and it froze up, reverted back to 22.1 and no issues, the carbons were updated on the .26 and they were fine, once this new .32 came out I was not sure but I keep SD card loaded with waypoints, settings per unit and the HDS Carbon versions and AT versions, SO I tried the .32 on HDS Carbons and the AT1 , work great all day Saturday and seems clearer than other previous versions. One thing I do on updates is to download 3 times, no rhyme or reason but seems the 3rd time takes a little longer. Also make sure the AT data is complete on screen. Fully downloaded and I check the versions to be sure it’s what being ran. I did not default Carbons but did restore AT1 defaults. Then set it how I use it. Another notice was contrast seems less and had to bump up some to “pop” the bait being retrieved
    Last edited by 2500; 11-19-2023 at 06:42 PM.
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

No problems here, fished both days this weekend 7 hours + both days.
    2012 Stratos 294 Evolution, Mercury 200 PROXS (1B933452)// HDS live 12 with AT 1, HDS Pro 10 with AT 2, HDS Carbon 12 with SS3D, point 1, sonichub2, Lowrance Ghost, and 3 Ionic lithium batteries.

5. Member
    Fished 7 hours today using AT1 exclusively and not a single problem here. Loaded updates last Tuesday morning and did ‘restore defaults’ on both units. No issues.

6. Member
    To the top....

Been a few weeks since the update. Whats the consensus on this update?
    David
    2014 Ranger Z521C

7. Member
    Have not had any problems since update, used 10t hrs weekly since last posted with no problem

8. Member
    I am also waiting on the fence before installing.
    I do like what I hear though.

9. Member
    This is over the last update fixed it if your still having issues then is not software that is the issue .

10. Member
    Mine is working great. The "first" 23xx update made mine freeze so I went back to 22.xx. (sorry, I refuse to remember all the numbers and letters. Y'all know what I'm talking about)

I'm not sure how much difference I see with the newest update compared to 22.xx. Right now the lake if full of leaves so it's kinda hard to tell about clarity, ect. One thing I noticed, that I had forgot about. With the 22.xx software I couldn't program the depth offset on my AT1. When I would attempt to program it the mfd would freeze. Not a big deal, I had actually forgotten about it. Last weekend I was able to program it. Now my AT depth is accurate.

11. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I've been using the new update on my AT1 for multiple days now and it's fine. I avoided the previous update that caused all the freezing issues.

12. Member
    After updating AT1 to 23.3-67.3.32 it would work for about a hour then no source. I rolled back to 22.1-65.1.14 and after 6 hrs on the water yesterday not a single issue. It’s interesting to read how the latest update solved the issue for most but didn’t for some .
    2019 Nitro Z20
    250 ProXS

It got worse for me, hds live 12 and AT2 and since the latest update I’m lucky to get an hour without the dreaded no source. Drove me crazy today, I wonder if the placement of the black box and how much air flow it gets makes a difference
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo59 View Post
    It got worse for me, hds live 12 and AT2 and since the latest update I’m lucky to get an hour without the dreaded no source. Drove me crazy today, I wonder if the placement of the black box and how much air flow it gets makes a difference
    The last patch update fixed the freezing issues and some "no source" issues. There can be other reasons for a "no source" message that should also be considered: a battery issue, wiring issue, setting issue, ethernet cable issue, or a faulty box or faulty transducer.
    Last edited by Marc Marcantonio; 12-16-2023 at 01:01 PM. Reason: clarity
    ciao,
    Marc

15. Member
    it fixed my freezing issues and “ no source” issue ! got about 15hrs on it ! working great !

I was no sourcing about every 4 hours ish. I have used it 3 times since I updated and not had a single no source yet. So far I'm calling it a win!
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah

17. Member
    I went ahead and installed it. Fished two full days with new updates on my HDS carbon, HDS Live and AT1 box. No issues.

For background, I stayed away from the original update so still was on the 22 version when I did the new update from Nov 2023.

I can’t confirm this 100% but it looks like the stitching is a bit cleaner with the latest.
    David
    2014 Ranger Z521C

18. Member
    There is another 23.3 32 coming out for Lives and Carbon as some units would not take the last 23.3 update. Just saw at tech bullitin. With will be labels as Dec 23.3

19. BBC SPONSOR
    Updated mine this afternoon .......... Will let y'all know how it works tomorrow evening after I get home from a tournament.

20. Member
    Updated my three Live units and AT1 with the new software. Was out yesterday for about 7 hrs. Everything worked perfectly. No more freezing up and " No Source" with the AT1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast