Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Honey they shrunk the sandwich!

The McDonalds fish sandwich has been my wife's guilty pleasure since I have known her. We went to a McDonalds yesterday and ordered a couple. When I opened the box it was obvious they had shrunk the sandwich significantly. It was the slider size. Even the box was smaller. It also only had 1/2 slice of cheese. The guy next to us said the other sandwiches were smaller also. I am trying to picture a 3/16 pounder with cheese. I suppose America's waistline will benefit, but we will be looking for a better sandwich. Upside, it made my hand look bigger.

2. Member
    I noticed the same thing with a whopper Jr, it’s basically the size of a slider now.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    I noticed the same thing with a whopper Jr, it’s basically the size of a slider now.
    The Whopper JR. has always been a 2 oz. patty with fixings, essentially their regular burger with lettuce and tomato. It’s what I typically order and I’ve not seen any change.

4. Member
    Our local McDonald’s just raised drinks to $2.69 each. From1.29
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    Not a fan of Mickey D. I stopped going not just because of the food, but they literally shrunk every sandwich. If that wasn’t enough, they dramatically raised their prices. A quarter pound meal was like $16. I think for the wife and I it was about $25. For that price, I’ll gladly pay a little more and sit down in a restaurant

6. Member
    I got a couple quarter pounders. the other day. Didn’t notice them smaller. Would they not b able to call them a quarter pounder if the burger had shrunk? But this inflation Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    I got a couple quarter pounders. the other day. Didn’t notice them smaller. Would they not b able to call them a quarter pounder if the burger had shrunk? But this inflation Sucks.
    inflated prices, deflated goods.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

8. Member

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    The Whopper JR. has always been a 2 oz. patty with fixings, essentially their regular burger with lettuce and tomato. It’s what I typically order and I’ve not seen any change.
    It just seemed awfully small to the point it made me question what I actually ordered. like smaller than a McDonald’s regular cheeseburger.
    1995 Ranger 481v

10. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JB134 View Post
    Not a fan of Mickey D. I stopped going not just because of the food, but they literally shrunk every sandwich. If that wasn’t enough, they dramatically raised their prices. A quarter pound meal was like $16. I think for the wife and I it was about $25. For that price, I’ll gladly pay a little more and sit down in a restaurant
    c'mon man,, unbelievable inflation in Whitefish Montana maybe run over to Columbia Falls where they have the real price

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Quote Originally Posted by JB134 View Post

Is everything high in your area? I was curious so I looked it up. Supposedly the Quarter pounder deluxe meal is showing $6.99 lowest price to just over $11 nationally for highest price per McDonald's.

12. Member
    It's called shrinkflation, get the product at the normal price but smaller portions.

13. Member
    So it would be safe to say the sandwiches do not match the commercials. You know the ones where the patty is always bigger than the bun.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

14. Member

I just had to.

15. Member
    I believe that cost in whitefish MT. Mountain town that’s very popular with the tourists. We looked at moving there about 5 years ago right after we got married and I think for 100k we could’ve afforded a run down trailer. Very high income high cost of living area
    Last edited by ECobb91; 11-19-2023 at 05:40 PM.
    1995 Ranger 481v

16. Member
    The McRib is back for anyone interested! LOL

17. Member
    Absolutely not, they went the way of the babyruth and butterfinger bars plus many other things we used to enjoy back in the day!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    So it would be safe to say the sandwiches do not match the commercials. You know the ones where the patty is always bigger than the bun.

18. Member
    Fast food ain't fast or cheap anymore. Four of us can eat at Texas Roadhouse for ten dollars more than Wendy's.

19. Member
    I purchased a sausage McMuffin meal (sandwich, hashbrown and medium drink) this morning and it was $9.04.

20. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    I love McDonald’s fish sandwich..don’t eat fast food much at all bug had one a couple days ago and didn’t notice any difference.

Dale Sinclair original

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast