Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Been a while since we've had a Deion thread.

Seems the results don't match the hype that he brought to Colorado. I was straight up from day one that I was never a fan of his but others on here sure seemed like he was a good hire.

2. Member
    I like Coach Prime...but not a fan of all the hype and some other stuff. Reality has set in and exposed them as an average/below average team. He's had several recruits reconsider for next year and if the losing continues expect the transfer portal to be busy. Me personally, I just don't think he's that good of a coach....

Mirror mirror on the wall who’s the greatest coach of all
    Ain’t you bro
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

4. Member
    I would think it will take a couple years to recruit a good team. Didn’t he basically bring the team from a small school with him when he came. I like Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    Seems the results don't match the hype that he brought to Colorado. I was straight up from day one that I was never a fan of his but others on here sure seemed like he was a good hire.

He's changed the entire program for the better. They are way better this year than probably the past 5 years combined. It takes a couple of years to get truly competitive so the future is bright for them. I wasn't expecting a NC in year one.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    He's changed the entire program for the better. They are way better this year than probably the past 5 years combined. It takes a couple of years to get truly competitive so the future is bright for them. I wasn't expecting a NC in year one.
    I don't know, kids nowadays want that instant gratification and the portal makes it too easy to pack up and relocate. They are a better team no doubt, just don't see them being relevant in the future

How can you say that they are way better this year than the last 5 years combined Mark? They got beat last night by the last place team in the Pac 12 by the score of 56-14. They have 4 wins this year. That's what they've had each year for the last 5 years except for the 1 win season last year.

8. Member
    How can you say that they are way better this year than the last 5 years combined Mark? They got beat last night by the last place team in the Pac 12 by the score of 56-14. They have 4 wins this year. That's what they've had each year for the last 5 years except for the 1 win season last year.
    PAC 12 is showing out this year, pulling for Oregon to somehow get in the CFP...

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ncbass View Post
    PAC 12 is showing out this year, pulling for Oregon to somehow get in the CFP...
    It sucks as a long time Pac 10 / 12 fan, we finally have a good conference and its getting blown apart. College football no longer being regional takes away a huge part of what made it special IMO, it's slowly just morphing into a weird pro league.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

10. Member
    AGREED!!

Some people are so far up his tail it’s crazy. Yeah he’s changed the environment there and spent a lot of money. Hype carried them for a while and now reality is setting in.

I don’t hate him nor was I a fan of his. But the man sure could play ball.

People need to get real with Colorado.
    Last edited by Albyfish; 11-18-2023 at 08:55 AM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    It sucks as a long time Pac 10 / 12 fan, we finally have a good conference and its getting blown apart. College football no longer being regional takes away a huge part of what made it special IMO, it's slowly just morphing into a weird pro league.
    Agree...good game tonite (our time), I'll be watching...

For sure the Deion hype train and slown down considerably and that may be a good thing.

13. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    this is wrong,, with the exception of a couple of years the Buffs are right where they've been for the last 20 years.. a 4 or 5 wins a year program.. brighter future?? maybe, remains to be seen. Hell a winning record would be bright, they had/have nowhere to go but up..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    It sucks as a long time Pac 10 / 12 fan, we finally have a good conference and it’s getting blown apart. College football no longer being regional takes away a huge part of what made it special IMO, it's slowly just morphing into a weird pro league.
    Nailed it Sir.

15. Member
    Well he has brought attention to that program for sure.

16. Member
    A journalist brought up the fact that him bringing in celebrites and such keeps the players from focusing. That kind of thing might be good in the off season or early season. But once you get into the regular season, it needs to be strictly business. And it's not. As others have said. Reality is setting in.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

17. Member
    They are bad. Neon talks to much and he’s is more concerned getting watches and chains.

He can’t coach the kids he has now into being 5” taller or 50#s heavier, He will get his chance to recruit and then we will see if he is a great coach.
    Mike Wright '07 Ranger 520vx
    Henrico Va./Henrico NC.

19. Member
    I think the reason his son is getting sacked so much is the guys up front don't like him. He drives a Rolls Royce with all the NIL money and is too flashy. He is not taking care of the guys that are supposed to protect hm.
    Don't take life so seriously no one get's out alive

20. Member
    He's already accomplished all he set out to do so that makes him a success. He made his sons millionaires through NIL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast