Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Seasons end up north

Well the riding season will be done soon. First layer of salt on the road and im done. Bike will go on the lift to remove the inner primary for bearing replacements. Anyone else have repairs or upgrades planned ?

I am far enough south that a day to ride can happen at any time for much of the winter. My bike sets in the garage the same spot during the winter as it does in the summer. No plans for any repairs or additions but it sure could use a good cleaning and detail !!

3. Member
    Just regular maintenance here.

4. Member
    I bought my first road bike in years back in August. Immediately after that my wife fractured her kneecap and I haven’t even had a chance To get a tag. Driving me nuts. Can’t wait to get back to riding again.
    GETFISHED !!!

5. Member
    Washed it but still riding till they spray the roads. Have all winter to wax it before spring.

FJR1300 is getting valve adjustment , timing chain tensioner , injectors tested and cleaned , throttle bodies cleaned then a sinc and link. Fork oil change and maybe change out the valving. RZ350 will be getting a pair of new carbs from Ed Toomey. 86 Fazer 700 doesn’t need anything so good there.
    Proud Army Dad

7. Member
    Ride all year down here. I much rather ride in the winter, than the summer down here.

8. Member
    Debating on putting a stage 3 kit on my Dyna Street Bob with the 103 6-speed.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
    Ride all year down here. I much rather ride in the winter, than the summer down here.
    Beautiful December ride today. Summer was rough though.

10. Member
    It's a bit nipply here today but I'm gonna ride some today.
    GETFISHED !!!

I got to ride dec 14 in North Dakota, I had a coworker in FL the same day and he was only 5* warmer than here. I'll probably just wash and wax the MT10. It's on a stand and under a cover now. Just like the boat. But that can change any random day easy enough
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by marinetechnician View Post
    FJR1300 is getting valve adjustment , timing chain tensioner , injectors tested and cleaned , throttle bodies cleaned then a sinc and link. Fork oil change and maybe change out the valving. RZ350 will be getting a pair of new carbs from Ed Toomey. 86 Fazer 700 doesn’t need anything so good there.
    You have an RZ 350 !?!?! Lucky bastard !! I remember when they first came out. Local Yamaha shop showed me the brochure on it and I said " order me one" Kept going back and they kept saying they were coming in soon. Gave up waiting and bought a GPZ 550 instead. Post up some pics !!

Quote Originally Posted by cape cod basser View Post
    You have an RZ 350 !?!?! Lucky bastard !! I remember when they first came out. Local Yamaha shop showed me the brochure on it and I said " order me one" Kept going back and they kept saying they were coming in soon. Gave up waiting and bought a GPZ 550 instead. Post up some pics !!
    Yes I do and it’s my favorite. Built it from the ground up. Race Tech front end , YSS rear. Blue dot 4 pistons front calipers with Wicked adaptors , Wicked clutch , upgrade all internal shifting linkage. Toomey expansion chambers. Continental radials. Ed Toomey did my cylinders , power valves and head. He is the man. I also put a new welded crankshaft in it. He was the factory Yamaha RZ racing guru back in the day. I built the carbs also. To say for a little 350 that it rips is an understatement. ,I’ll post some pics.
    Last edited by marinetechnician; 01-08-2024 at 08:51 PM.
    Proud Army Dad

Okay , photos are on my phone and when I try to load them it says images are too large and I have to manually resize them. This is beyond me. I used the be able to post from my phone but now it doesn’t work seems odd. I even read the posting pics section in the large but no go. Anyone have an easy solution ?
    Got it figured out.
    Last edited by marinetechnician; 01-08-2024 at 08:49 PM.
    Proud Army Dad

Proud Army Dad

Looks like an awesome build !! Next time send me a video of it running, would love to hear that thing.

Have a video of the first start up from last March but can’t get it to load.
    Proud Army Dad

Have a video of the first start up from last March but can’t get it to load.
    Load it to youtube and then post a link..

Quote Originally Posted by cape cod basser View Post
    Load it to youtube and then post a link..
    You don’t know who you are talking to lol.
    Proud Army Dad

You don’t know who you are talking to lol.
    I'm the biggest idiot with technology, and I figured it out... you can't possibly be as bad as me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast